YOUR LOVE IS WHAT BROKE MY HEART

I sat in the shadows for so long, wondering what on earth was taking you ages to notice me with those beautiful brown eyes. Why am I so invisible? We spent years building up memories and carving them into the walls of our minds, only to have me find out that it's all faded to you. Something that I hold so dear to my heart is something that you've burned away, letting the ashes roam freely through the wind without a trace of meaning or reason.

For what have I wasted endless nights thinking of you? You'd never do that for me. Hell, when was the last time you've even thought of me? With those beautiful orbs, and your long, dainty fingers intertwined with mine as we lay within each other's arms. I hate thinking about how important that was to me, solemnly because it was never important to you. I wait endlessly in my pool of sadness, on the verge of drowning as if you'd reach out to save me; but you haven't even lifted a single finger. Where are you? Have I truly wasted my time on a soul that could not ever return the favor of trust and love?

I am selfish. I'm selfish because I craved attention from you and only you, but of course the sea does not create the same current. It doesn't always abide to everyone's wishes; it has its own freedom. I can't blame you for choosing your own current. Silly me, for ever believing that maybe you would be someone to treat me the way I treated you. I wish the best of luck to you, my love. Although my heart is torn in two, I can't deny the fact that I love you. I'd always love you.

And that is why
My heart aches
As your love continues to tear up
Whatever is left of it.