TO FORGET.

How can I forget about you? About your commercialized words that play over and over and over. I was so sure that somehow there was a flower with my name written on it blooming within your heart. Had I forgotten to water and nurture it? Or did you just possibly not want it to grow in your garden anymore?
Within me, I have many secrets. I've hidden many scars, many gems, and many imperfections. And possibly when you reached in, you had grabbed the wrong piece of me to see. But I don't usually let everyone see the vulnerable side of me, for reasons that come formidable when the topic of keeping people in your life comes into play. It's just that simple, people are quick to walk out the door once they see something they don't want to see. People you love don't always want to stay. My insecurities get the best of me and my past only comes to haunt me. And I've lost you. You of all people. Now I'm stuck with just the memory of you, the memory of all mysteries. I wished I could've known more, but here I am. Stuck. I'm left with just myself and my own thoughts that have jumbled themselves up and cannot be sorted because just the mere start of your name creates a snow storm that I can't get through until it dies down on its own. So I wish to forget, to forget that I possibly cared so much and you never really cared at all. That's my fault, really. I can never think too highly of myself or I'll just disappoint you in the end. What else can I do?