• Chapter 12 •

• Chapter 12 •

Luke

"Before we go about the rest of the songs, I'd just like to take the time to give a shout out to the coolest person I know," I say into the mic. I'm having trouble finding Renn but when I do, I point to her.

"This song's for you baby girl," I say. I smirk and play the old chords to Unpredictable.

When the concert ends, we all take a bow and go into the dressing room. "Great show boys," says Mum.

"Thanks Mum," I say, hugging her. I apologise for my sweat-stink.

When I see Renn talking to Michael, I walk over to them and Renn smiles at me. "Great show," she says.

Michael taps my shoulder, walking away. "Don't do anything I wouldn't," he says.

I roll my eyes and pull Renn toward me in a hug. "Luuuuke!" she groans.
"I smell good, don't I?" I joke.
"No!" she yells into my chest.

"Luke! Stop hogging Renn! She's our friend too," says Calum, pushing me away to give Renn a hug.

"You guys had a great show, it was awesome," says Renn, after hugging everyone.
"I kind of just can't wait to get back home," I say honestly.
"Me too," says Calum, "me too."

*****

I put the guitar case on the scale and watch as the guy puts a little tag on it and rolls it down to the other conveyor belt.

Renn threads her hand through my arm and looks up at me. "Ready to finally go home?" she asks.
"I was born ready," I say, chuckling.
"That's what I like to hear."

We go into the security and Renn has to take off her belt. I stare at her and see a little mark on her left side. No way.

When we get out of security, I pull Renn away from the people. "Lift your shirt," I say.
"Why?" asks Renn.
"Because I'd like to see your tattoo."

Renn gasps and looks around to see if anyone can hear. "How do you know about that?" she yell-whispers.
"I saw it when you took your belt off."
"Why were you looking there?"
"Because you're hot. Now let me see."

Renn

I cannot believe he saw that. Oh my God. Wait, did he just call me hot? Focus Renn!

"No!" I say.
"It's not like I'll tell anyone... unless of course you don't show me."
"Luke please, can we just-"

Luke lifts my shirt and he takes a good look at my tattoo. His finger traces the words on my skin.

"I'll admit I've been a fool playing by the rules. But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you," he whispers.

"Wait isn't that-"
"The lyrics to Disconnected? Yeah. Can we go now?"

I pull my shirt down and walk away from Luke. The boys are shopping around the little souvenir shops and I catch up to Ashton. "So what are you looking for?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just don't want to go and be bored at the gate," says Ashton.
"Let's get these gummy bear things," I say.

I take 5 bags of gummies and hold them in my hand.

"Can't forget chocolate bars for Luke," says Ashton. He takes 2 chocolate bars.

"We need gum," I say, taking two packs of gum and placing them on the counter.

"Oh shoot, I'm out of American," says Ashton.
"No worries, I have about $10 left," I say.

I hand the lady my ten dollar note and she gives me some one dollar bills for change. "Thanks," I say, taking the plastic bag filled with candy.