Chapter 3

The slot in the door opens with my breakfeast sliding on the ground. Eggs and water again. I look at it and sigh. "Yall get that everyday or what?" I jump at the sound of Joshs voice. " when did you get in here!?!" I ask him. "Did I scare you....I did didn't I....sorry."  "That's fine." I say. "well you know what time it is, ill be right back with your towel." and he walks out. I take the fork and put a bite of eggs in my mouth. They are cold and nasty but i'm starving so i will have to suck up and eat it. Josh comes back with a taterd up towel and hands it to me as i climb to my feet. "...Thanks." i say to him as he flashes a concerned face at me. "What" i ask "is there somthing wrong?" he ignores my question and says with no emotion, "you know what time it is." and he escorts me to the shower room. When we get there the room is still the same. Moldy. Musty. Steamy. Gross. I walk in while Josh stays outside. I have 5 minuets before the shower atomaticly shuts off. I Undress and set my cloths in the dryest spot i can find. And then I Turn the water on as i grab the bar of soap. The soap slips out of my hand so i bend over to grab it and i fall to the ground because the water buns my back from the lashes i got. And i can't see at this point. All i hear is the doors bursting open and someones arms are around me and im off the ground. I hear josh speak to me as he raps a towel over me to cover me up. "What happend?!?!" I say as I notice his breathing harder than usual. "someone broke into the bilding, and they want everyone under lockdown in new bunker cells, you and me are going to 502B." he says. "What about my cloths?!" I say as my face gets redder by the second. "I got them, you can change when we get there but we have to hurry and get there incase somthing happens.¨  It takes about 3 more minuets to get to the cell but edventully we find our way there. Josh places me on my feet, the concreat is freezing under my cold wet feet. He hands my cloths to me and turns around so i can get dressed. After i finsh throwing on my cloths on i tell him that he can turn around. "When do you think we will be able to leave here"  Josh lets out a little laugh. "That bad being here with me huh" i start to feel my face go from white to red and a matter of seconds. "No I um uh I didn't mean that i just i um sorry." " Hey chill its okay i was only jokeing." I bite my lip. "Why?" is all I ask. "What do you mean why?" Josh asks. "Why do you talk to me like we're friends, I am a prisoner and you are a guard. Yall are susposed to hate us." he looks like all the blood just got sucked out of his face there is no mmore color to it. "You..you just seem diffrent than the others and thats okay im difrent from all the other gaurds. And how can you hate someone you barely know? You cant thats the thing. All of the other gaurds like to just be bullies to all the inmates not even hear their story they just like to know that they are stronger and incharge." I say nothing for a few seconds because im shocked, I didnt expect him to say that. "I want to get to know you if thats okay with you." Josh said. "Um okay." I respond.