Chapter 5

Recap of last chapter:

I straightened the kitchen out and cut the light off. I ran up the steps and retrieved my phone. I have 10 missed calls from Mariah.

I called her back and it only rung once.

"MOMMA PARIS GOT INTO A CAR ACCIDENT HER CAR FLIPPED" she yells.

"WHERE ARE YALL?!" I panick.

"We are off of GlenWood and GreenGrove" she says clearly crying.

"IM ON MY WAY" I say moving fast to get my shoes.

"KASEN COME ON PARIS JUST GOT INTO A CAR ACCIDENT" I yell.

It doesnt take him long to find his shoes and meet me at the bottom of the stairs.

Dear Lord please let my baby be okay.

__________________________________________________________________

When I finally got to the scene it was something out of a movie. Paris's black Benz was flipped upside down and the window was smashed giving me a clear view of her.

"KASEN MY BABY" I freak out running towards the car.

"DEZMOND NO" Kasen screams putting his free arm around me to stop me from going towards the car.

The ambulance could be heard blocks away but it felt like years before they got there with the firetruck. I watched in tears as they dragged my baby girl out her car and on to a gurney.

"Ill ride with them make sure our kids get home" Kasen says handing me Mya.

I nod as Kasen jogs to the ambulance getting in. I search around the scene to find Mariah with a blanket around her shoulders crying. I walk over to her and when she sees me she breaks down even more.

"MOM IM SO SORRY OH GOD IM SO SORRY I SHOULD HAVE TOLD HER TO GO HOME" She screams.

"Mariah calm down sweetie what do you mean you should have told her to go home?" I ask.

Mariah drops her head like she is ashamed to tell me whats going on.

"Mariah tell me whats going on!" I plead.

"Mom there is a hit out on our family..blood money..if they can get rid of us..somebody is getting paid" she says with her head low.

"So what you're telling me is this was no accident?" I ask shocked.

"No accident at all" she says.

"Okay you drive home and get there NOW,ill call your brother" I say.

She nods and gets in her car pulling away from the scene. Mya was still in my arms but she was far from awake. Good thing she was. I didn't know what was going on but I knew that it couldn't be good since a bounty was on my families head. I thought leaving the hood would get us away from some of the trouble Kasen and I use to go through. I was wrong though.

I put Mya back in the car and pulled off. I dialed David and he picked up immediately.

"Momma where is Mariah and Paris? I'm at the house" he questions/states.

"Look David I got to talk to you and Mariah when I get there stuff is changing very fast,Paris got into a car accident Kasen is with her" I explain.

"OH MY GOD MAN I TOLD THEM ABOUT THIS DUMB STUFF" David exclaims.

"I'm almost there we will talk then" I say before hanging up.

It felt like the ride to my house took decades but when I pulled up I saw Mariah and Davids car making me feel a little better. I shoot Kasen a text telling him to keep me updated.I grab Mya out the car and carry her inside. I put her upstairs and come back down to see Mariah and David.