Chapter 28 Conflicted~

JB POV

   After texting Hyeri, I walked out into the living room to talk to the guys. The laughter died down to an eerie silence and they all got up, ignoring me.

I looked towards BamBam giving him a questioning look but in return he turned his back towards me.  Everyone went to their rooms and shut their doors. I entered the room I shared with Youngjae and sat next to him.

"What's up with everyone?" I asked.

"Why don't you ask Hyeri?" Youngjae said without using honorifics and turned his back towards me.

What did Hyeri have to do with this?

I pulled him up again and made him face me.

"Tell me what you know. I can't fix anything without knowing what I did wrong."

"Hyung..did you really have to compare Hyeri to someone who broke you?" Youngjae spat at me pushing me away.

"What..what are you talking about?"

" 'She is nothing compared to you'? Does that ring any bells?" He said turning away from me again.

"Hyeri heard that?" I said my eyes widening.

"We all did, I know Hyeri is a strong person but if you would've saw the look on her face you would've thought otherwise."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"In what other way could you have meant it?" He said looking at me in complete disgust.

"And the fact that you even dare compare her to someone who left you broken for months..has she ever done anything to displease you?"  Youngjae said quietly but I'd rather him scream at me. The disappointment coming from him was enough to choke a horse.

"I...I"

"You have nothing to say because you know you messed up." He said getting into bed facing the wall.

"How many times are you going to say sorry to her Hyung?"

I  headed out of the room and dorm and quickly got into my car. I drove as fast as I could to Hyeri's place. I climbed her balcony and opened her window. She never locks it...

I saw her sleeping form on her bed and I sighed. I wanted to talk to her so badly. I wanted to tell her that she does mean a lot to me..she wasn't nothing.

I watched her as she slept and she shivered a bit. I pulled her covers to her shoulder and brushed the hair that came onto her face away.

I don't know if it was the perfect moment but the second I did that the clouds covering the moon moved and the moonlight fell softly on her features.

She...she was breathtaking...

I ran my thumb across her cheek and lightly held a side of her face. All this time...I couldn't see Hyeri because I was so caught up with what I thought was love with someone else.  Youngjae was right, how many times was I going to tell her sorry. I pulled my hand away from her face, she didn't deserve any of the pain I had given her, she didn't deserve it at all.

I got up to leave deciding to let her sleep. I looked back once more at her and smiled at how at peace she looked. I had to make it up to her. I didn't know how I would but I had to.

She deserved that much.

I walked back to her and pressed my lips on her forehead.

"Sweet dreams Hyeri, I promise I'll make it up to you." I said even though I knew she was asleep.