Chapter 47

Beep beep beep...

The sound kept repeating in my head

I strain my eyes open, wincing at the bright light that had been shining down.

Where was I?

I looked at my surroundings to but to find a head laying flat on the bed. The person was gripping my hand...

I tapped the person's shoulder lightly with my other arm.  He lifted his head hesitantly, like he couldn't believe I was awake.

"Hyeri..you're awake." He said breathlessly.

"Do you...do you know who I am?" He asked nervously biting his lips.

I only smiled at him

"Why wouldn't I know who you are Mark?" He had let go of the breath he was holding and had breathed out a 'thank god'.

Mark's POV

There she was awake and alive right infront of me. It had been 3 months after the accident..I was sleeping and visiting in and out of the hospital.

Some long term patients I had seen often had started calling me a 'local'.

"I know you must hate me..and I  was probably not the face you wanted to see.." Heck, she was probably hoping I was the one in the hospital bed.

"Hyeri, I am so sorry for everything. I was trying to deal with it without anyone getting hurt and-"  I was stopped mid sentence of my explanation. Hyeri had engulfed me into a hug. She held the back of my neck and her arm was around my shoulder.

"The only reason I would ever be mad is you never told me you were in so much pain." She said barely over a whisper as she hugged me deeper.

"I'm so happy you're okay." I said ,wrapping my arms around her. 

"Next time, tell me when you need someone. Please." She had wrapped her arms around me even tighter, like she was afraid to let go.

I pulled her closer to me and it was like she had never left.

She let go after a meaningful time and had asked the question I've been trying not to answer.

"So your father...what-"

"He's in prison, he won't be coming out for a long time."

A look of sympathy came on her eyes as she looked at me. "At least now you won't have to worry about him. By the way, were you okay after the incident? No cuts..bruises?"

"Look at you asking me questions when you're the one with an IV in her skin."

We laughed and it was just amazing. I hadn't lost one of the most important person to me.

"Do you want to go see him?" I asked all of the sudden.

"See who?" A look of confusion on her face.

I pulled up her wheelchair, since it wasn't ok to walk right now in her condition.  She sit down and I took the IV out of her skin.

I pushed her towards the room at the end of the hall.

"Whose room is this?" She asked turning around to look at me.

"You'll see soon enough." I knocked on the door and sped away in the opposite direction.

She needed time with him. After all they were dating.