Chapter 44 ~ Confess

Hyeri's POV

A few hours had passed by, a few men had come by and had chained my "unconscious" body, onto the wall. My feet hung a few feet in the air and my arms were aching.

I picked my head up and looked at my surroundings , there was a window about the size of two basketballs, a bucket lay in the corner, and the door was on the other side of the room.

I was still in my torn dress and I was shivering due to the cold wall I was pressed against.  I had lost track of time and I didn't know how long I was in there for.

The door knob turned and Raymond stepped in smiling.

"How is everything Hyeri, how are you?" He asked sarcastically as he stepped towards me.

"Oh you know..Just 'hanging' around. Nothing special." I threw back at him, twice as sarcastic.

His lip twitched and he cleared his voice, "I wanted to let you know if my plan since it involves you as a main character."

"I'm not interested, leave." I said as I pointed towards the door with my head.

"Aren't you curious about what happened to your mother?" Raymond said, gaining my attention quickly.

He laughed at how quiet I became when he had mentioned my mother. He cackled, "I'm surprised your father didn't tell you! It was a beautifully, sickening love story indeed."

"What? Were you the second man lead?" I said coldly looking at him. His smile disappeared and he had shown anger in his facial features . Even evil men like him had weaknesses.

"Your mother.." He continued, ignoring my comment."..She truly was a beautiful woman. I suppose you should remember that much.  Hye Jin, Your Father, Soo Kang, and I... we were one heck of a team I'll tell you that. It was us against the world when we were in high school. We should've known that it'd be us against each other soon after..." He said looking off into the distance.

"Your mother and I were friends with Soo Kang since we were children. Everything was fine until we reached high school. Your father had transferred to our school. Since that day things began to change. The woman I had loved dearly for years was being taken from me right in front of me. Your father stole Hye Jin from me right from my own hands." He looked down at his hands as he continued his story.

"Soo Kang and I began to grow apart, and our conversations were minimized. Your father stole my best friend and the love of my life.

After we all graduated we had set off into college. I isolated myself from everyone and focused on studying so when I was finished...Hye Jin would come back to me.. she would love the powerful and smart man I had become. "

"..But..once I had caught up with my friends..it was too late. Hye Jin was smitten with your father, as you kids say, heads over heels in love with him. I though that I wasn't too late so I proposed to Hye Jin. "

"..she refused me and a few days later she was engaged to your father. I had to hide my anger and resentment towards them. I attended her wedding and watched as the love of my life ...was gone forever. " he stopped talking as he looked out the window with his hands behind his back.

"..Soo Kang had gotten married as well and everyone was leaving me. I was left in the dust of the past. I was alone. I was so filled with grief that I knew if I didn't take action, I would've gone mad."

"My plan was delayed because of a complication. You." He pointed at me coldly as he spoke.

"..You..and Soo Kang's child.. Both of you were born around the same time. I had to wait until you both were out of the spotlight. I waited and waited for years. I formalized a plan to destroy both your parents and Soo Kang. I'd be the only man left standing if our little group!!" He said laughing wildly.