Friends

Hellooo~~~
I'm back and better than ever! Thank you to everyone who read my stories while I was away, it means a lot. This is to thank you! Like usual, Rin's POV. Enjoy!

Before coming to St. Cross, he never really had any friends.

Yukio maybe, and dad. The priests? Sometimes.

But nothing that wasn't by blood or obligation.

So when the other exwire boys asked of he'd like to join them in playing some soccer, he didn't know what to say.

"Well?" Bon demanded an answer of him.

He just looked at the taller boy in slight shock.

"Are you coming or not?" Shima cut into his thoughts.

"U-uh, y-yeah, sure, I guess..if you want me to I mean," Rin stammered out, his cerulean eyes flickering over them some.

Bon rolled his eyes.
"We wouldn't be asking you if we didn't!" He huffed, crossing his arms.

"L-lets go then, since we know t-that  Okumura-san is coming," Konekomaru said softly, looking up at Bon and Shima, and occasionally glancing over at the other boy as well.

Rin pushed out from his seat, and got up, pressing against his thighs to ensure that he was not dreaming. However, the sharp pain told him he was not.

Bon watched Rin, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"What? Never been asked to hang out?" He said lowly, secretly hoping the opposite.

However, that was not what he got.

"Not really..." Rin answered him, casting his gaze to his sneaker clad feet, making him unable to notice the shocked look on the other male teen's faces.

"W-what do you mean by that Okumura-san?" Koneko inquired lowly, sadness creeping in his tone.

Rin scuffed his shoe on the ground and shrugged.

"Never really had any friends other than Yukio."

Shima, Bon and Neko gasped softly, too soft for the half demon to hear.

"Are you serious?" Shima asked, an incredulous look on his face.

Rin took that moment to look up, and notice the shock and sadness on the other males faces.

"Is it really that surprising?" Rin questioned, moving toward the door. "None of you guys liked me a that much in the beginning, so why would anyone else?"

The other three shared glances, following behind the bluenett.

"That may be, but we actually got to know you," Shima said, in a rare bout of seriousness.

Bon and Neko nodded in agreement.

"People didn't really want to bother with getting to know me, let alone be friends with me," Rin snorted.

"Well. You're stuck with us now!" Shima said, his seriousness from a moment ago gone.

Rin laughed.

"Oh no, someone help me!" He drawled sarcastically, a lazy grin on his face.

The four boys walked towards the field and had their fun.

It was different, it was new. Rin had a hard time believing it was true. But if he had the choice, he'd do it all over again.

It was nice having friends who accepted you for you.

Wow. This is actually not sad. Proud of myself. Don't get your hopes up for more happy though. These only come once in a full moon, maybe less.
Hope you enjoyed!
Please
Comment
Like
And
FOLLOW!!
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this, it means a lot to me!