Prologue

I remember the night my mom kissed good night and closed the door. She had read me my favourite classics "Little red riding hood". I was weeping and crying because I thought there were monsters under my bed, my mom had told me that monsters don't hide under beds, they've got homes. But who realized they were out there not under my bed. I was a six year old girl, enjoying family time and school. Who knew, that was the last time I see my family.

At 12 midnight, the wind furious, seemed like something was going to happen that night. I was sleeping soundlessly when suddenly I had heard a voice down stairs. I was scared if it was the monsters under my bed, but turned out they weren't. I had stepped down from my bed and opened the door, I tiptoed down the stairs. I walked towards the garage, that's when I saw a trail of body. Not less but like a pool of blood straight towards the garage like a river. I was scared but I remembered my dad telling me, " Don't get scared when you see something scary. It shows your weak and not strong enough to confront them." I had straightened up and walked slowly towards the place where I could here screams. I peeped in the garage and.... I could not believe what I saw. My parents were being eaten alive while they try to escape. My mom saw me and screeched with the life she had left in her, " RUN ALEXIS! RUN!!!!"

The monster saw me. I was scared and had started crying when I saw it. It was hideous and looked like the creature my mom had always told me to runaway from. I saw my brother Night running towards me, he grabbed my hand and locked the garage door. The creature tried breaking the door. My brother was 18 and was my only sibling. He had made me wear a necklace and had packed up a bag quickly with a written note attached to it. We ran out, I heard the door break. I was freaked out that he had escaped. '' My sweet sis, you've got to listen to me. OK?'' he asked panting. I had nodded because I was too scared to speak. " You have to run towards that mountain,'' he pointed towards the mountain my dad used to take me with my brother and mom, "Don't turn back and look, just run. I love you baby, I always will, remember me everyday and remember to cross the gates that mom and dad told to never cross." '' But daddy told not to because its dangerous there and why are you telling me to leave? " I remember crying till my heart fell. My brother's eyes were filled with tears, " Sweetie, we do not want you to leave, we want you to be safe." He hugged me. " I love you brother and what happened to mommy and daddy? And what was that thing? and why aren't you coming with me? let's go together bro... " The creature saw us and was rushing towards us. " Alexis, I love you, NOW RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK!! JUST RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! JUST RUN!!!!" Those were the last words I had heard from my brother. I had looked back being a mile away from that creature. It had taken my brother's life . I cried out loud and entered the forest. I was near the gate but then, the creature was in front of me with my brother's hand in his mouth.

I was shocked and screamed. The monster came towards me dropping the arm. I closed my eyes.

I opened them. I could see them, they were different. I had gone to these mountains a million times. Then who are they?The creature had fled that night and I never saw it again till now.

A beautiful young woman who had looked like my dad, came towards me. I had stepped back because I was scared."AWW! baby you don't have to be scared, we are your family." "Family?" I had asked sniffing. "Yes that's right, you are a part of the night howlers now sweetie, come on." she showed her hand. That smile of her's had given me courage that I am going to be fine. I took her hand that night.

And thats when I joined the night howlers...