Chapter one : Carpe Noctem

" So tell me who won today?" Maia asked us. Its been a tradition in the night howlers for ages, that every week we have a day, when we get to spent time with our pack other than from hunting and chasing. Well we youngsters even have fun even if we are given duties because that's how we get the work done faster. They used to do this from the begining but I was the only one who felt I wasn't part of this.

Caleb snaps his fingers, " Hey little wolfy, come back to the reality and stop day dreaming about the hot Alphas." I started blushing. "Why would I think about that Caleb, atleast I am not as perverted as you." I showed my tongue. We growl at each other."Okay guys, that's enough. I thought I asked you all who came first in the pack run!" Maia stepped in between us and shoved us both from our feets. She is so strong that she can actually lift four wolves together, no wonder she's the Alpha. "Ouch! Maia you've to be careful when you throw us like this, we are young and not that strong as you." Caleb said rubbing back.I rubbed the sore spot on where I fell. "Yes Maia, for one reason I agree with him." I tell her and look at Caleb who was staring at me and smiling. I smile back at him.''Sorry sweetheart, but I had to stop you, that's why." Maia felt bad. I reached for her hand. She picked me up, "Its fine Maia, I always forgive you." I gave her a cheeky smile. She played with my hair and Caleb's. "AWWW!! I love it, when I have youngsters in my pack." She gave us all a hug.

" Oh! by the way in the pack run, Alexis again came first, as usual." Ellie said throwing her hands in the air, as she stretched. "Really? again? Alexis I feel like you should be the next Alpha," Maia looked at me."Umm... I don't know Maia, I am not good enough." I told her. "The throne of the Alpha should have been my brother's," she continued," well then our father got to know your dad, who was also my brother, was in love with a...," she stopped. "In love with who... Maia tell me," I wanted to know. "Its nothing sweetheart, I was just blabbering." She sighed, I wanted to know, why did the pack not make him the Alpha, what is wrong in getting married to someone you love? 

The warning horn is being blowed. Our beta Raph came running, "Maia, it's here again ..."

"The demons," Maia looked at me, they were showing pity.

What does these creatures have against me............. What did I do?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​​​"You might mean the wind to them, but for me, you mean the world. . . . ."