Chapter I - Lucifer's Birthday

"Ahhhh finally, a day off!" Emi said after working non-stop for 2 weeks straight. "Good thing the Demon Lord did not do anything stupid while I'm busy." Even though she has been busy working for the past weeks, she chose to watch over the Overlord for the whole day rather than resting during her day off... up until her phone rang.

"Moshimoshi?"
"Emi! I need your help!"
"Suzuno, what's up?"
"It's Urushihara's birthday today and I'm planning to have a surprise party for him, can you help me?"
"Huh? Why would you do that for a stupid demon??"
"Uhh.. Emi.. I.. I kinda like him, and I'm about to confess to him later.." Emi recognizes Suzuno's shy tone.
"You like LUCIFER?!?" in Emi's shock
"Yes, just how you like the Demon Lord.." shyly responded
"What tf!!!! NEVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!!" while blushing madly
"Whatever, just please please help me?"
"Sighhhhhh.. okay okay... fine! But I'm doing this for you." Emi finally agreed
"Thank you Emi!! Let us meet at..."
"MgRonalds!" Emi continued.
"oohh.. MgRonalds huh? Haha! At 2pm?"
"Sure! So I can able to monitor the demon lord while we plan."
"Haha! Okay, see you later then, bye!"
"Bye!"

It's already 1pm and Emi is getting ready, "hmm what should I wear?" Emi is looking for a very cute dress, "should I wear this one?" she started to blush.. "what am I doing!? I should just pick this simple outfit."

15 steps to MgRonald's, Emi's heart started to pound really hard as if it wants to break her ribcage and get out of her chest, "Whats wrong with me?" getting worried about the weird feeling.. Finally she opened MgRonalds door.

"Irasshaimase!" said Maou and Chiho by the counter..
"Emi!" said Chi-chan
"Err h-hi chi-chan!" sounded nervously and looked at Maou
"Why are you here again?" Maou said, a bit pissed
"Am I banned to enter a fast food?!"
"Why are you always following me?!!"
"Shut up! I'm not here for you stupid demon lord!!"
"Emi!" Suzuno entered the fastfood.
"Oh you're here too.." said Maou
"Suzuno's planning to have a surprise party for Urushihara."
"Surprise party! That's fun!" Chiho sound very excited.
"We can't attend though, our shift will end by 11pm." Maou explained.
"Oh, right." Chiho looked down
"Really? That's sad." Suzuno with a sad face.
"Like the hell we care demon lord is not going to attend." said Emi
"Why you!!!" very pissed Maou.
"Let's go Suzuno, let's plan it perfectly." encouraging Suzuno then they ordered iced coffee and seated near the counter so that Emi can watch over the demon lord.

Emi and Suzuno's plan

Emi: We need to lure Lucifer out of the castle, I think its better if you and Urushihara will go out for a while and I hope Alciel is at home, ah! Better call Rika as well, I totally forgot about her!

Suzuno: What should I do with Urushihara where should we go?

Emi: hmm... Eiga?

Suzuno: I'll try, I hope he likes movies..

Emi: Just think positive. (giving an encouraging smile)

Suzuno: Okay I will! (smiling back)

From the counter. "Are? What are looking at Maou-san?" curiously asked by Chiho
"Huh? No.. Nothing! I better get to the inventory room, I've been thinking of our stocks lately. eh he he.. be right back!" excused by Maou.
"O-okay!" Chiho cheerfully replied "that's weird.." Chiho tried to look at the direction where Maou was looking, and there is where Emi and Suzuno's table is at. "Maou-san, is he looking at Emi?" she thought to herself then the door of the fastfood opened and it distracted Chiho from thinking "Irasshaimase!"

"Rika! Over here!" Emi called.
"Emi! Suzuno!" Rika walking directly to their table. "So what's the plan?
"Rika, you will be helping Ashiya to cook." Emi explained.
"Then what are you going to do Emi?" Suzuno curiously asked.
"Err.. I'll be buying the cake and the decorations, Im not going to cook with Ashiya, duuh.." Emi said.
"Emi, I think it's about time to forget about the rivalry, let's move on." Rika plead.
"NEVER!!!!!" with a scary face. *clears her throat* "Anyway, Rika, you'll be buying the ingredients after this, Suzuno you'll go straight to the overlord's castle and lure Urushihara, and I'll be buying the decoration, we'll be going on our separate ways after this." Emi perfectly explained.
"Roger!!" the two responded.

Suzuno was able to convinced Urushihara to go out for a movie even though he's not interested. After they've left the castle, Rika entered with the ingredients on hand explaining to Ashiya about the plan, Ashiya was very excited. 30 minutes of Rika's arrival, Emi arrived as well. For a while Emi forgot that she and Ashiya are mortal enemies and worked together. Emi wants Suzuno to be happy and make her plan successful.

Beep beep. Emi received a text from Suzuno "Were about to go home! Are the things ready??"
"Yes we are ready!" Emi replied. "Guys! They're coming!"

at exact 6:25 the door opened.

Poooff!!! Otanjoubi Omedetto!!! They cheered Urushihara but then when they saw something unusual, they paused and stared.. Urushihara is holding hands with Suzuno.

"Suzuno! You did it! I'm so happy for you!" cheered by Emi. "Urushihara I'm warning you if you do something stupid to Suzuno I'll rip your soul!!"
"Haha whatever demon hero. Thanks by the way." Urushihara gave her a sweet smile.
"Sigh, don't mention it." She wanted to nag but its his birthday and Suzuno and Urushihara looks very happy together,she let it go for now.

After they ate dinner they started to drink beer "kampai!!!" they shouted

Urushihara clears his throat, "I would like to say thank you to everyone, specially Suzuno who planned this surprise birthday party for me. I am really flattered, this is very unusual because we don't really celebrate this in Ente Is-"
"Ohhhhh!! Yeah!!! Yes!! Let's drink to that!" Emi cuts Urushihara's speech.
"Rika doesn't know about Ente Isla Urushihara.." Suzuno whispered.
"Ahh.. I see sorry my bad hehe." he replied "So yeah let's cheers!"

After finishing 3 glasses of beers, Emi realized that everyone is minding their businesses, Suzuno and Urushihara, Rika and Ashiya, she realized that she's all alone "Oh fuck this, I'll just drink beer, *burps* you and me together my beloved beer."

Awhile later, Emi started to talk loud..
"Oohh stupid demon! You're so stupid I like to kill you so much! I'll cut your fuckin' head off!!"
"Oh my, Emi's become so violent!" Rika was worried.
"I think she drank 10 mugs of beer already." Ashiya being scared.
"What time is it?" Asked Urushihara.
"Its already 12mn." Suzuno answered.
"I think Maou is about to arrive. Can she go home?" Urushihara, unusually worried.
"I think she can't." Suzuno answered.
"I will go home!! The hero is not gonna stay overnight at this filthy demon lair!" Emi stood up. "Bye guys! See you!"
"Emi hold on!" Rika shouted, and the door opened.
"What's going on here?"
"Well, well, well, guess whos here? Its the Overlord! The only person who killed my father!" Emi took a fork from the table "I'm gonna kill you right now!!!" Emi was about to attack Maou then Emi realized that Chiho was with him so she immediately stopped. "Oh, I'm sorry, Chiho shouldn't see me killing Maou."
"Uhh.. Emi you're drunk.." Chiho being concerned.
"No I'm not! *hiccup*, don't go closer to him. I'm not gonna let your smile be wasted *hiccup*"
"Uhh.. Maou, Chi-chan how about you grab some food first?" Ashiya invited them to eat.
"Yeah, grab some food, I'm about to leave.. bye guys!" Emi went out of the apartment and slowly climbed down the stairs. "God...I'm wasted." Emi continued to walk "I think I need to rest at the park for a while, why is it that the station is too far away from this place!!!" Emi seated on the swing. "I wonder how the party's going..." she thought and exhaled a loud sigh..
"Drunk young lady, seated at the park at exact 12mn, are you insane?" a familiar voice. Emi looked at the voice' direction with a hazy look.
"The hell you care, go back to your house, Chi-chan is waiting for you."
"Let's go back." Maou insists.
"No. I'll go home."
"Come on, don't be so stubborn just this once." held Emi's arms
"I said NO!! Get your filthy hands away from me!!"
"You do really hate me that much.."
"I hate you more that you think!!"
"Okay.. I.. I'm really sorry.."
"It's not enough, you can't bring a life back by those words."
"But I've already changed.."
"A demon, will always be a demon."
"......" speechless Maou. "Okay, let me just walk you home and I'll stop bothering you forever.."
"......" Emi stood and walk, she did not say anything but also she did not stop Maou from walking her home.