Chapter 5

Flashback - Months later

"I'm sorry Y/N I can't do this anymore"

"What do you mean? Did I do something wrong?"

She sighed sinking down into the couch "No, I just, I don't think i'll have time for this anymore"

Kendall had recently got signed into a modeling agency that wants her to move away, meaning we won't be able to see each other that often anymore.

"But..I love you, can't we just work this out?"

"No, i'm sorry Y/N, I just don't believe that long distance relationships can work out, plus I really want to be a model and you know that, I have to be fully committed if I want to make it in the modeling industry."

"...."

"Please, say something?"

"Kendall..I don't know what to say honestly, I wish there was another way..."

"I know..Me too...We have to go now, my flight is boarding soon."

I drove her down to the airport. I got out of the car to get her luggage from the back, I handed her her things and hugged her tight. Only this time, she was the one who let me go first.

"Let's make a deal."

"Okay?"

"If in five years, I get myself together, if we're both single, let's get married."

"Only one condition..."

"I will say yes" she replied before I could finish what I wanted to say

She gathered her things and turned towards the front door "Bye Y/N, thank you for everything, it was nice to get to know you."

"Bye Kendall! Good luck in modeling, remember I LOVE YOU!"

She smiled, turned her back and disappeared into the crowd.

"She..She didn't say it back"

Flashback - A week ago

*Phone ringing*

I checked my phone, it was an unknown number

"Um...Hello?"

"Y/N?"

"Yes this is Y/N speaking...Who may this be?"

"You don't look half bad"

"..."

"..."

"..Kendall?"

"Hey there stranger."

"Is it really you? What's up? How's everything going? Is everyt-"

"Woah woah woah! Slow down there" She giggled through the phone. Her voice still sounded angelic

"I'm sorry, its just that we haven't talked in 5 years, i'm excited that's all"

"I know i know, I have some great new Y/N"

"Oh yeah? Tell me about it!"

"I'm getting married!!!"

At that moment, my world stopped, I couldn't feel anything, nothing was in my head, it was all...blank. This wasn't how I imagined it, this wasn't how I imagined US.

"Y/N?"

"Y..yeah.." I replied barely a whisper

"I just wanted to share the new with you and tell you you're invited! Please come and attend the wedding, I know it's a short notice but it's in a week back in Cali."

Invited? Go? A WEEK? What is happening, this is all too much, how could I possibly attend a wedding where I watch the love of my life get handed over to another man, I can't bear the pain.

"I..I don't know"

"Hey, just show if you decide to come okay? I'll add you onto the list, you can choose to come or not, but I want you to be here okay...?"

"Yeah"

"Okay Y/N...Bye.."

*Beep - Beep - Beep -*

I found a seat at the very front of the church, of course she would reserve a front seat for me...That's Kenny for you. I waited as everyone began to gather and finding their seats. I see the groom standing at the front with a nervous yet happy look on his face. Music began to play and the double doors opened... There she was, after five years.