I just met you though

"You'll protect me?" I asked. He started blushing madly and he hid his face away.
"Yeah... if anyone touches you I'll kill them. Kind of like... boyfriend and girlfriend... you know... lovers." Darrell was as bright as a tomato. I was confused on what he said.
"I'm sorry, but what's a girlfriend and boyfriend?" I asked. He looked at me sadly knowing that my memories of this were gone.
"Its someone that you'll protect for the rest of your life. You'll put your life on the line for the person you love." Darrell explained to me what a lover was. I kind of get it.... a little...
"So.. we're boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked. He looked like he was about to faint.
"Wjtnrjr rjdkuvs" Darrell was speaking jibberish. I giggled at him.
"Sorry did I say something-"
"NOTHING AT ALL!!" Darrell cut me off and I laughed at his reaction. He looked at me and we both started laughing for awhile.
"You know Austin was right." Darrell said.
"About what?" I asked.
"About how you're the most beautiful maiden around. Maria this Saturday would you like to go on a date with me?" Darrell asked.
"Yeah!! That'll be fun!!" Darrell was now walking a little weird and his face was beyond red.
"Okay!! I'll pick you up at 3!" He ran out of the room without saying anything else. I smiled and looked at the ceiling. I have a good feeling about this date. I looked over at the digital clock and it was 11 o'clock at night!?! No wonder I felt tired. I looked into the dresser and found a white nightgown. I slipped it on and crawled into the bed. I don't even know what a date is, but I know Darrell won't let me down. I drifted into my slumber.