Chapter 3: I thought we were more than friends...

There he was. Sitting in the hall crying his eyes out. "Nat!" I screamed as I ran to him. I couldn't believe he cared this much about me. He looked up to see it was me, then told me to leave him alone. Why was he being like this. I didn't understand. "Why are you being like this? I thought we were friends? Best friends even. Aren't we dating after all?" He just gave me the look of desire, then hit his head against the wall. He was out cold. I sat beside him and layed my head on his shoulder and drifted off into sleep.

When I awoke, they already had me back in my bed. I whispered ever so quietly, "where's my Nat?". The nurse who wasn't being very kind to me earlier gave me a look of sympathy. She sightly shook her head and laughed. Again, I was confused, possibly because of my head wound. I lay there for a minute and decide to stop breathing so maybe someone will come over and help me figure out where my boyfriend is! I needed to know.

After I was almost ready to pass out and everyone ignored the beeping, I gave up and went looking for him myself. I run down the hall until I bump into that awful nurse who commands me to get back to bed because she has a mesage from Nat to me that I HAD to hear. I obey just si I can hear what Nat is trying so hard to tell me. I walk back to my bed and sit on it. She starts out with, "Um. I don't know how to say this". I immediatly brace myself for the absolute worst because thats how Nat always starts his bad news.

"Continue," I urge impatiently. She gives me one of those 'shut up stupid little girl' looks and I'm about to jump out of bed and kill her until she starts again.

"He-, He says he loves you..."

"I already know he does you don't need to tell me anything else other than, where the hell he is!".

"Shut up and listen there's more. Damn."

"Fine I shall listen".

She starts off with another look then continues. "He says he loves you. But-"

"But? There should be no 'but' there! I know he loves me and he always will! That's why we're engaged. I don't know where you think-"

"Shut up! Damn girl calm down. He wanted me to tell you, it's over between you to because he loves someone else". I have no comment to that. I'm in total shock. I finally come up with something.

"I guess you believe he loves you?". This pissed her off even more.

"As a matter of fact, he does. He told me so himself,".

"Where is he? I need to talk to him now!".

"He's in ICU".

I stomp out ,again, and on my way out push her to the side to let her know who is in charge. The hospitial has me marked as 'mentally confused' so they cain't do anything to me if I go off on someone. That's just the kind of cover I need in cases like this one.

I walked into ICU and saw him there. Laying. Asleep. I stopped in my tracks and stared at him. He didn't move. Not even a little. I turned around and left for good. I'm done with him.

On my way out I whispered to myself in a hurt tone, "I thought we were more than friends. I guess I was wrong".