Chapter 1

After my mom dropped me and Katy off, I was left alone to face high school.
Well, I'm not really alone. I have my friends here, if I can find them first. They are so different from each other that they would be in different places. But I have a good feeling where everyone would be.
I started walking towards the football field. My friend should be there. She probably is as nervous as I am.
Her name is Violet Ventimillagia. Most people can't pronounce her name, me being one of those people. She has a rough outer shell that is hardly broken by anyone, except us. Everyone fears her and stays away from her. They just don't know how she is. She may seem that way at the beginning, but once she warms up, she is really nice and has a shy side to her. She will kill me, if I ever tell her that.
When I saw the field in sight, I saw a purple figure running the perimeter of it.
Knowing she won't notice me, I started running after her. I hear her music blasting through her earbuds. She is also much faster than me, so it's kinda hard to catch up to her.
Fifteen minutes later I stopped running. Why did I run after her when I can just wait for her? I plopped down onto the grass and watched her run laps around the field.
She didn't notice me until she finished her third lap. She slowly came to a jog and came right up to me. I could see beats of sweat run down her forehead and drip down to her damp shirt.
Now that she has stopped running, I can see what she's wearing. Her curly, brown hair had light brown highlights in them and was up into her usual ponytail. She wore a purple tee with a pair of black basketball shorts that looked too big for her tiny frame. Her favorite purple sneakers were covered in bits of grass and mud. I really hope she brought an extra pair of shoes to school today.
She took her earbuds out of her ears so she could listen to me properly.
"Oh, hey Emily. Didn't see you there. You could have texted me."
She said, panting a bit from her run.
"I was going to, but I got here early, so I was going to come and get you."
I said with a shrug.
"Besides, why are you running first thing in the morning? Now you're going to be smelly in all your classes."
I commented on her stink.
"Em, don't worry about it. I have PE first period. They're gonna let me shower after class."
She said.
I smiled at her excuse and stood up. I extended my hand towards her and she grabbed it, pulling herself up. She grabbed her bag and phone before following me towards the school building.
"Do you think she's really there? She must be still home, trying to get breakfast from her brothers."
Violet asked.
"If I know Val, she will be there and will be doing something science-y."
I said as we continued walking towards the building.
Valerie Wishart was one of the smartest kid in our middle school. Her favorite subject is Science and is pretty good at most activities like robotics, tennis, etc. She is sassy and always trying to get better grades than everyone, but she also loves taking care of the environment and the community.
When we entered the biology lab, we saw Val reading the biology textbook that was supposed to be handed to us by our teachers. She sat in the back of the empty class.
She wore a white shirt that had glasses on them, jean shorts, a red flannel around her waist, and black converses. Her brown hair was pinned to the side, so that it emphasized her face and blue eyes.
"Hey Val! What are you doing?"
Violet asked from across the room.
She looked up from her textbook and grinned when she saw us.
"Hey guys! I was just reading our biology book to see what we would learn this year. This stuff is too easy."
She said casually.
"When you say that, I have a feeling I will fail this year."
Violet groaned.
Violet has a harder time with school then most people. She is usually distracted by the sports she's in.
"Don't worry! We're here to help you, Violet."
I assured her.
She smiled at me and nodded.
"Hey everyone! This is where you went! I was looking for you guys!"
A voice yelled by the doorway.
We looked over to see our friend, Cassidy Lara waving dramatically at us. She wore a black shirt with fringe at the bottom. The fringe touched the bottom of her high waisted shorts that were white. She wore her signature black, combat boots on this hot day. Her copper red hair was in a high ponytail and she wore black sunglasses that covered her blue eyes.
She has a reputation of being a "bad girl." Rumors flew all around her last year. She has a habit of helping these rumors by flirting with every cute guy that passes us and acting rebellious towards teachers.
"Cassidy! Where did you go?"
Violet asked.
"N-nowhere!"
She shuttered with a blush on her face.
Violet and Val looked at each other and grinned.
"You went to see Jerry didn't you?"
Val teased.
Her blush became much darker after that comment.
"Of course not! I totally got over him in middle school."
Cassidy lied, looking somewhere else.
"Cassidy, it's fine if you still like him. He's not that bad of a guy."
I tried to comfort her.
Jerome Martinez or "Jerry" is a bad boy. He is worse than Cassidy. Cassidy doesn't get detentions, but Jerry does. He is known for being the biggest player and can pick a fight with anyone because he knows karate. I have heard people say he is strong.
"Em, don't try. I'm as bad as it's going to get. I like bad boys and I'm going to be apart of his many girlfriends!"
She cried.
"I will beat him to a pulp, if he asks you to be apart of his harem."
Violet threatened.
"Violet, it's not a harem. It's just him cheating."
Val said.
"I'm sure he changed his ways."
I tried, giving him the benefit of the doubt.
"M-maybe."
Cassidy mumbled.
"Here! I will help you see if he is the one!"
I smiled.
Cassidy squealed and hugged me.
"Thank you Emily!"
She cried.
Deep inside, I know her relationship with Jerry will never happen or end well. I want to wash away my fears of this and try to make her dreams happen. Negative Love will help her get some romance!