Chapter 2 What is and What Should Never Be

Dean woke up when he heard some one or something pounding at the door.

"Dean?! Open the God Damn door Dean! Its me!" Sam yelled

  Dean got up and opened the door. The light outside was so bright he had to shield his eyes. As soon as Sam was inside he shut and locked the door. "What time is it? My head feels like its gonna explode man." Dean said in a raspy voice and looked at his brother.

   Sam raised an eyebrow "where's Cas? I thought you two were like.. a couple now" he said confused

Then Dean remembered everything that happened last night. His head started spinning and he would have fallen on the floor if it wasn't for Sam, who caught him and helped him regain his balance. They both sat down on the couch to avoid anymore incidents. Dean was still trying to understand what exactly had happened.  "Dean.... are you alright?" Sam asked and frowned

Dean turned to his younger brother and looked him in the eyes, trying to decide how and what to tell him. Sam as always there, every time Dean felt like crap, he was there, desperate to help him. But Dean always felt the need to protect his brother from all the pain and rage he felt deep down. But now, looking at him, he realized Sam wasn't a kid anymore, he didn't need anyone to protect him, to save him from the evil that the world harbored. This time, Sam was the strong one. "I don't know what to do Sammy...." Dean said softly. A tear rolled down his cheek and for the first time in his life, Dean broke down and cried . He wanted to tell Sam, he needed to tell him everything.

"I'm here Dean. you can tell me everything, you know that, right?" Sam looked at his brother and Dean started talking. He finally told Sam everything he'd been through, everything he had done in hell, he told him about the nightmares that had been haunting him, he even told him about Castiel. His angel, his savior. No matter how many times Dean tried to convince himself that his feelings toward Cas were merely platonic, he couldn't ignore the desire burning in his chest that he felt whenever the angel was near. He couldn't bury the memory of Castiel's true form, his majestic wings wrapping around his body as he saved him from hell. He couldn't hide his feelings any longer. He didn't even want to. He knew what he had to do. "Thanks Sammy... for being here for me all along." Dean smiled slightly. "Hey, no chick-flick moments remember?" Sam chuckled and walked to the door. "I'm gonna go check out a new case, you two better talk this out while i'm gone." he said with a smile  as he walked out, shutting the door behind him. The sound of the door closing was the loneliest sound that Dean had ever heard. He stood up and took a deep breath, running a hand nervously through his hair. Here goes nothing.

"Cas, get your feathery ass down here, we need to talk."