Chapter 3: Truths

"Hello Dean"

Dean turned around and looked at Cas.

"You wanted to talk?" Cas said and sat on the couch. It was funny. He was so comfortable around Dean, he felt like he didn't have to hide anything, like he didn't have to be the serious, cold-hearted angel he had to be in Heaven. Dean made him feel something. His heart was filled with so many so many feelings, so many emotions, he felt like he was going to explode. Of course he couldn't tell anyone, angels aren't supposed to feel anything. Dean sat next to him and looked deeply into his blue eyes.

"Last night..." Dean began only to trail off mid-thought, he didn't really know what or how he was going to say anything. What if the angel just disappeared? What if he didn't feel the same? All these worries swirled like a thick fig around Dean's brain. There was only one way to find out and Dean was willing to take the risk, because he knew no words could truely express the way he felt about the angel standing before him. He leaned forward. His heart was pounding so fast it felt like it was going to beat right out of his chest. His eyes locked with Castiel's. The angel looked back at him with confusion and fear, but deep down he knew it was the right thing to do. Dean brushed his lips against the angel's, delicately at first, almost testing to see if Cas was really there. In turn, Cas leaned in closer and pressed into the kiss. He was afraid he'd do something wrong, but it all felt so... right... and natural, almost as if they were made for each other.

Dean took that as a clear answer to his multitude of questions and he deepened the kiss, sucking on Cas' lower lip, tentatively slipping his tongue into the other man's mouth, his hands trembling as he tried to unbutton the angel's white dress shirt. Cas tugged on Dean's hair. Just like the first time, his other hand slid under Dean's shirt, led by the sudden need to feel his warmth, to hold him and never let him go. Dean moved from Cas' lips to his neck, feeling the stubble under his sensitive lips. he lightly nipped Cas' ear, smirking as he heard a soft moan escape the angel's lips "Bed, now" he whispered as his fingers finally unbuttoned the shirt.

They were laying on the bed, looking into each other's eyes, their hands intertwined, both enjoying the beauty of the intimate moment, wishing it could last forever.

"why can't i see your wings?"

"would you like to?" Cas asked teasingly as he smiled, leaning forward and slowly kissing his hunter. Suddenly a bright light enveloped them. When Dean opened his eyes he was standing on a narrow path in the middle of nowhere. As he looked around, he realized just how beautiful the place was. Birds were flying everywhere; flowers of all different colors covered the ground, and then there was Castiel. He was standing right in front of him, his beautiful ebony wings spread behind him.

"Cas..." dean wanted to tell him so much, but his breath was literally taken away by the sheer beauty of it all.

"are we... in Heaven?" when Cas nodded Dean looked at him frantically in shock and awe. "S-shouldn't I be.. Dead?" Dean's shock turned into worry.

"Dean, you were in Hell. You were on the other side and you came back. You are immune, so to speak, so we can come here whenever we want" Cas smiled and looked around.

"So... this is what Heaven looks like..." Dean stated quietly, almost afraid that he would ruin the beauty of the moment by talking.

"This is your Heaven. You control it, make it on your own. You can't hide your feelings here; you cannot bury the truth and most importantly you can't lie to yourself. This place is made of your feelings and memories. What ever you think about will happen. You can be wherever you want to be, see whatever you want to see" The angel smiled and stepped closer, wrapping his arms (and wings) around his hunter. "show me your favorite memories" Cas whispered and closed his eyes. He was expecting to see Dean at home with his family or at Bobby's with his brother, because he believed that those were Dean's favorites. he wasn't at all prepared for what he saw.

Dean closed his eyes and tried to remember the moments that he treasured, the moments that he wanted to last forever, all those moments where he felt free, safe, loved.

When they opened their eyes, they were back in the motel room. At first Cas didn't understand. But as he looked around the room, everything started to make sense. He looked at his hunter, smiling as he finally realized why Dean had brought them back. Dean smiled back, his eyes filled with love and affection.

Dean's favorite memory was their first kiss.

"I love you Cas" Dean whispered and leaned forward to kiss his angel.

"i love you too Dean" Cas smiled and returned the kiss

"Cas, i think this is my new favorite memory"