-.. .. . / .- -. -.. / -... . / .-. . -... --- .-. -.

The snowflakes swirled to the ground, and everywhere he looked, all he could see were the soft, microscopic pieces of ice falling around him. The ground was already covered in a thin blanket of the snow, along with the branches of the leaf bare trees.

He sat alone on his swing, lightly pushing off the ground every once in a while. Even in the bitter cold, he enjoyed being able to take time off to relax and just admire the yard. It wasn't often that he got a break, as his work rarely allowed him one, but he had no other choice. He was the only one properly suited for the job. Of course, later he'd have to have his successors, but for right now, it was just him. Well, him and his father figure, technically.

That aside, he took in as much of his day off as he possibly could, and to him, spending it on the swing in the yard was the best way he could do so. Ideally, others in his place would want to spend time with their friends, but his job also made this impossible. It came with the promise of solitude, and for him, that's all he's ever known for years.

Getting lost in his thoughts, he slipped away from reality, unaware of the swing slowing to a stop as another boy, about the same age as him, came running up to his swing.

The other boy's name was Beyond Birthday, though he preferred BB. Once the boy reached the swing, he reached out to tap the shoulder of the boy on the swing before speaking.

"Come on, it's time to go inside. Watari found a new case for you, L."

.-- .... .- - / .- -. / .. -. - . .-. . ... - .. -. --. / .--. .-. . -.. .. -.-. .- -- . -. -

Something important will be up in a few hours