Chapter 23

We are all sitting in the meeting room right now, the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, the heads of the security squads and Gregory's parents.

Aiden cleared his throat to grasp everyone's attention. In his Alpha voice he started the meeting.

"So we all know why we're here. Gregory's on the loose and he's a threat right now. I know you all are wondering what Mrs. and Mr. Adams are doing here with us. They wanted to tell us something about him and I thought it would be best if you all know it too", he then turned towards Gregory's parents. "Mrs. and Mr. Adams, please tell us what you wanted to tell".

Mr. Adams gulped.

"We... Rose and I had been married for a lot of years but we couldn't conceive. As you may know, Gregory isn't our... biological child. We actually found him lying just beyond the borders of this pack. One look at that baby and we knew we had to keep him. We officially adopted him when no information about his parents or his pack could be received. Everything was good for  a while. We were so happy." His voice cracked a bit.

"But then he started behaving.. a bit weirdly. I remember when he was around 13 or 14, the old Alpha," turning towards Aiden he said, "Your
father, had informed all of us about a threat from the Crescent moon pack and also told us a possibility of a war with that pack."

"Yeah, I remember that. Crescent Moon pack was captured by the Alpha of the Dark Moon pack. He is one hell of an a-hole guy. He was eyeing our pack too after that", Ryan said.

Mr. Adams nodded and continued. "Yes. But Gregory, he started acting all weird, got all sweaty and started shouting that Crescent Moon pack isn't bad and that he had to save that pack. He was so adamant to go but somehow we stopped him. We thought that maybe he belonged to that pack, that's why he was reacting this way. But slowly he became... how to put it nicely...,"

"He started questioning the authority of the Alpha, not in public of course, but he seemed not too fond of Alpha ordering him." Mrs. Adams continued. "But it was worse when he came to know you were gonna be the next Alpha. He stopped talking to everyone. Shut himself in his room for weeks. He would just go out for runs, for hours. But after a few weeks, we don't know what happened, he went back to being normal. Too normal. We tried all we could but we never got him to talk. He would just say that he was okay, just going through the some teenage phase. But we knew one thing, he hated you. He hated the fact that you were the Alpha. And we could actually notice how much it killed him to follow your orders. And then he went and did something like this. Haley, I am so sorry for everything he did. I...", she started crying.

Seeing her like this, such a sweet person crying, that too not because of her fault, I couldn't control myself. I stood up and went to sit beside her, holding her hand, trying to comfort and console her the best I could.

She smiled gratefully at me, with eyes filled with tears of pain and regret.

"I didn't know what went wrong with our upbringing. It wasn't as if he was in the wrong company as well. My baby just turned into a monster and I couldn't do anything".

"Hey, it's not your fault," I told her in a soft voice, squeezing her shoulders. "Please don't beat yourself for it."

"Umm.. I hate to ask this right now, but Mr. Adams, do you know anything about his background?", Aiden asked.

"No. When we found him, there was a background search done on him, but no information was received. And we didn't probe more because we were delighted to have him and didn't want to loose him", he answered.

"He defied Alpha authority, couldn't bear to live under another Alpha, had some kind of super abilities that allowed him to not leave his scent over the packages he used to send Haley", Aiden spoke, although his eyes were far off, like he was deep in thought.