Chapter 1: Drunk

I am reading my book at this time, 10:45 in the night, at the park. A typical thing that I always do. Obviously a typical nerd would do. The lights of the postlights and moon are the only ones that serves as my light. Being a usual nerd wearing eyeglasses, Shoulder-leveled brown hair, bad taste in style and always wanting a quiet atmosphere is not what I wanted to live my life. I wanted to be like the cool kids. The Long-haired girls who have a great taste in style, the girls who are living their lives to the fullest and the girls who are gorgeous which are indeed a factor that I don't and won't ever have in my life.

I sighed as I fixed my eyeglasses continued reading my book.

after minutes of reading, I closed my book and sighed. I looked up to the sky watching the stars shine bright. The twinkle of the stars somewhat make me comfortable. They somewhat make me less insecure of myself. I don't know why but these little things make me want to live my life and make myself better. I don't know. Really. Maybe I'm just super overwhelmed by the beauty of each star in ever night that I see.

I inhaled the night smell. This is also one of the things I adore during the night. I don't know but the scent seems so refreshing. The sound of the crickets. The swaying of the trees. The warm breeze. I can't live a day without feeling this beauty.

I once again smelled the night breeze but I was confused. It smells different. It somehow smells like alcohol. Like burning acid. I can't explain the scent.

I looked at my side and gasped as for what I saw.

A tall man.

Maybe he's the one who's responsible for the strong and foul scent.

We stared at each other for quite long. I was about to ask him if he needs something but he sat beside me and stared blankly at me. His stare sent me shivers that I can't explain. He somewhat have an aura that made me realized that I have met him before.

"Uhm.. Sir may I kn--"

"Jihee.."

I felt goosebumps starting to invade my whole body. His voice. It sounds familiar..

"Mingyu? Is that you?"

I heard a chuckle coming out of his mouth. He leaned in closer to me, making me smell his alcohol smell. His hair is so messy and his eyebags are so big. One thing to describe him..

A hot mess.

If only he knew how I felt for him.

"M-Mingyu... what are--"

He shushed me by putting his index finger ontop of my lips.

"Can I kiss you?"

"W-what?"

He leaned in much closer to me. The strong smell of alcohol started to sting my nose.

The next thing I knew, his left eye dropped a tear.

"Just for this night, I wanted to feel loved."

He leaned closer to me and closed the small gap between our lips.

I tried fighting him. I tried but I failed. Somewhat I felt a little happy. But then suddenly I realized, he's drunk.

The next thing happened quickly..

He passed out..