Chapter fifteen

Louisa

If Amanda thinks that our wedding can be anything but repaired, she simply has no clue. And I'm not going back now. Aaron wants us to get divorced and that's exactly what we're doing. There's no going back. I don't even have feelings for Aaron anymore. This whole thing, is the least to say, ridiculous. As I exit her office with Aaron following, I mumble a "thank you for your time" and don't even look back. She's crazy if she thinks that we're going back there. And what kind of advice did she give us ?
- Spend more time with each other. Make yourself remember why you two fell in love.
- Because we were brainless.
I had responded. Aaron hasn't said anything. But what should he say ? He didn't even love me in the first place.
- She's good, isn't she ?
Aaron asks as long as the door closes behind him. I frown.
- I knew you only wanted to talk to her just to make her sleep with you. Too bad, she doesn't even believe you're Aaron Ramsey.
- You're so jealous. Stop it. I'm more famous than you'll ever be.
I laugh.
- Well, it really doesn't seem like it. And I'm not coming again to that. I don't want to save our marriage. If you want to come again just to charm her, go ahead.
- Will do, don't worry. As if I'd ever take love advice from you.
He says. I raise my eyebrows.
- Of course you wouldn't. I suck at giving love advice, I married you.
- And I was the only good choice you've ever made.
- You were the worst choice I could've possibly made. Cause you're a complete dick.
- But you liked it when this dick was pushing inside of you, didn't you ?
- You're disgusting. Leave me alone.
I say and make my way out of the building. Aaron's following me shouting that this wasn't a strong point and that I have to try again.
- I said, leave me alone. Please. I don't want to be involved with you.
- Didn't you hear what Amanda said ? We should spend more time together. Now, this wasn't a strong point at all.
- Aaron please, can we fight another time ? I've got to be at the studio, and I'm already late.
- Great. I'll come over your house later to finish this argument.
- You're not invited to my house, so don't even attempt it, unless you want someone to find your dead body.
- Why, you'll exhaust me so much that I'll be dead ?
His glare is intriguing, but I'm too tired to talk to him right now. Instead, I give him a last glare and make my way to my car.
- I'll come over your house, we've got a lot to talk about.
He shouts. I ignore him and climb into my car. No need to pay the slightest of attention to him. He doesn't even deserve it. I check at him from the rear view mirror. He's happy that we're getting divorced. And so should I be.

💍

My head's hurting me badly as long as I enter my house. This was a really long day. A really long one. I just want to have a shower, take an aspirin and go straight to sleep. I'm exhausted after all, and Vanessa didn't help when asking all these questions. As long as I enter my house, I head straight to the bathroom, stripping myself from my clothes. After a long, hot shower, I wrap myself in a towel, make my way to my room, where I dress in my pajamas and then make my way to my living room, taking a blanket with me and making myself comfortable in my couch. I really don't have energy to do much, but it's way too early to attempt to sleep. I decide to take the aspirin a little later if the headache hasn't cease. I try to find something worthwhile to watch in the TV but I fail and I just fell asleep in the couch. I don't know how much time I am sleeping, until I hear the doorbell ring. I groan and as I'm about to stand up from the couch, I feel my head hurting me even worse. I make my way to the door. I check at the pipeline, only to see Aaron. I roll my eyes and I decide to open the door as I see that he's ready to ring the doorbell once again.
- What on earth do you want ?
I ask. He looks at me from head to toe.
- Are you sick ?
He asks.
- I'm sick of your bullshit.
I respond. He lifts my chin, making me look at him.
- Won't you invite me in ?
- No.
- I'm coming anyway.
He walks past me and looks at my couch and at the TV.
- That's how you spend your nights ?
I ignore him and take my seat in the couch, under my blanket.
- I came here to talk to you.
He complains.
- You can talk to me. I can hear you.
- Are you alright ?
I look at him furious.
- Do I look alright ?
- Are you cold ?
- No. I just have a headache. Can you bring me an aspirin ?
He nods and makes his way to the kitchen. He comes back after a few moments with an aspirin and a glass of water. He sits beside me in the couch and tucks some hair behind my ear. The way his fingers touch my hair, sends shivers down my spine. I try not to show how his touch had affected me though, and I don't think he understands it either. He takes an aspirin in his hand.
- Open your mouth.
He demands and I laugh.
- No.
- Don't you want to take that aspirin ?
- I can take it on my own, thank you.
I offer but he stops me.
- Just open your mouth.
- No! I can do that on my own.
- Louisa, open your goddamn mouth.
I tilt my head in no.
- Are you five or something ?
He asks.
- Are you my father or something ?
He smirks.
- Father. Always so careful with your words. Daddy will do.
I laugh really hard.
- You can't be serious! Now give me that aspirin.
- Open your mouth.
I smirk.
- Okay.
He attempts to put the aspirin in my mouth and I bite his finger.
- You...
He's about to curse but my laugh prevents him from doing so.
- Oops.
I say out loud.
- Fuck you Louisa.
I laugh again at his sayings and that causes him to get mad at me. He grabs my wrist and forces me to look at him.
- Do you think that this is funny ?
I nod, still laughing. He lifts my chin. Suddenly I'm not laughing anymore. He's way too closer to me than I'd like. I swallow hard and stare into his eyes.
His eyes. Oh God. He's still so fucking handsome.
I couldn't even hate him in that moment. My eyes though travel to his lips and I think my cheeks heat up in the memory of the kiss we shared a couple of days ago. He must understand that I feel awkward, cause he pushes me back gently, giving me the aspirin.
- Take it on your own.
He says and I obey. He sits away from me in the couch staring at the TV while I continue staring at him. I'm still feeling weird after the previous moment.
Oh God. I wanted him to kiss me. I really did. I wanted his lips on mine. And I hate him. I totally do. I have never hated someone as much as I hate him. But I have never loved someone as much as I used to love him either.
He must have felt my eyes on him, cause he turns to look at me. I swallow hard. I'd die if he could read my thoughts.
- I own you a bite. Bitch. That hurt.
You can bite me as much as you like. What the hell am I actually thinking ?
I know that my cheeks are heating up. And I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. I can just stare at him, wishing that I could disappear.
- This program is trash.
He comments, changing the channel. Again, I don't say anything. I just stare at him, feeling too awkward.
- Why don't you speak ?
He asks, his eyes on the TV. I swallow hard.
- W...what should I say ?
- I don't know. What do you think about Amanda ?
I tuck some hair behind my ear nervously.
- She's...good.
- Really ? I thought you didn't believe in these stuff.
I look away.
- I...I don't. Just...you know. She's...good.
- And hot.
He says.
- And hot.
I reply. He looks at me cocking his brows.
- Are you okay ?
- Yes. I'm fine.
- You just said that she...Amanda's hot ?
- What ?
I ask looking at him. He laughs.
- Louisa, what the hell ? Do you have fever or something ?
I tilt my head in no but he comes and sits beside me, placing his lips on my forehead just to check if I do have fever.
- You don't seem like you do but your cheeks are so red.
While he places his lips on my forehead, I bury my head in his chest, inhaling his scent. I close my eyes just for a brief moment and without me realizing it, I place a kiss in his chest. He laughs. Then he lifts my chin so to make me look at him.
- What was that ?
He asks still laughing. I don't think he has any clue of how he makes me feel right now. I don't think he understands that I want to bite him and kiss him and I don't even know why I want these stuff. I shouldn't want these stuff. We're getting divorced and even if we didn't, we're not a couple anymore. I don't have any right to think that way. I don't even have feelings for him, but the way his body's against mine now, makes me completely unable to even think straight. I make the huge mistake of looking into his eyes. My hand moves to his cheek and without me realizing it, I whisper at him:
- You're really handsome.
He laughs.
- And you must be really sick.