1~ Street Lights

Mia's POV

New York ~ Parkchester Ave.

1997 7:13am

I remember my child hood. I mean now would still be considered being that I'm only 17. Those distant memories were the ones I was most fond of. It were those stone cold likeness of a rock ones I despised, stuck to the back of my mind like that fucktard piece of tape that just won't come off your bedroom wall. A familiar scent interrupted my thoughts drawing me toward it. Looking to my right I blindly ended up crashing into one of my niggas Charles.

Me- wassup Charles?

Charles- same as you On my way to Amsterdam ( tha school house )

Me- ( does my signature car running out of gas laugh ) Can I talk to you about sum?

Charles- what are niggas for?

Me- ( slightly smile ) well it's a boy thing

Charles- shoot

Mia- Ronny ( Corahn ) and I met up at the joint saturday night... And

Charles- don't start on that he's cheating on me shit again I mean he loves you right? ( looks away in his thoughts )

I look down in doubt- wondering if Ronny really did love me or was in love to begin with. The rest of our silent conversation consisted of a wait at the above ground station, vendors, and that lingering question Doesn't he love you?

Charles and I have been homeboys since day 1. We got even closer when my parents separated due to affection problems and his father went crazy, basically chose drugs over him... I remember Mr. Anthony he was apart of those cold bitter memories I had. I agreed with Charles' momma, he was a no good deadbeat poor excuse for a man. We were by each other's side through it all goods, bads, and but uglys. But as soon as we got to highschool he hardened, became WAY more harsh. I remember those moments when I knew everything changed. I was 13 when the good side of puberty began to kick in. Inseparable we were, but he began to withdraw. I remember he cuffed Isabelle in 8th grade... It broke my heart. Though I loved Charles as a brother I was falling for him the past 3 years. Crazy I know, I decided that if he even felt anywhere close to where I did, we would be together, but instead I let Ronny cuff ~ what also broke my heart was that Charles was hella supportive in the process. He would forever be in my heart but if I can't have who I want then I won't have no one at at all.

Even though 8th grade was 3 years ago his ways are kicking in again, like today I can feel it in my gut Corahn creepin with Lisa, he was a year older than me granting access to any "Honey" he wanted, I remember those days when I was his roni but everything keeps working out for the worst I know what I have to do. It's obvious that my B's know what's going on~ on the DL. The whole train ride to Manhattan was silent. We Went to school for the gifted, ha that's where we met pretty boy, Isac Romeo Johnson. He's from the area actually Charles' metaphorical brother. He was actually who we'd meet up with EVERY day. Charles is sitting in the back of the car as we speak, 3 seats away to be exact I looked back and he gave me the most lively, and inquiring stare to only then look out the car window as we exited a tunnel.

In the mean time I dug through my fannypack looking for the CD player I got hot from my uncle. Accross the disk written on tan scotch tape read ~vibes~ my cousin helped me put it together, she was my role dog. Yet again snapping me out of my thoughts my pager went off reading 379. It was Corahn, I then got sick to my stomach it meant roni. I got even more strength in my decision. Corahn was the type to hurt you, no remorse no emotion just cold hearted. Another one of my notorious thoughts visited. He fucked with my day 1 Justine she's all he would talk about... But I snapped out of it. These were all my misconceptions, or maybe not I was one to overthink life. But it kept coming back~ in the end I just wanted everyone to be happy and a sista did what she had to do in order to avoid pain either way I was a soldier in warfare.

Charles POV

She looked so sexy in deep thought. The way I feel is all over the place. I feel bad for obviously misleading her I saw hurt in her eyes whenever I completed certain actions. It's ironic no one but my brother was the only one who knew that I had strong feelings for her.

Me- ( by the time we reached 4th Ave Mia was knocked out, we ended up having to take the long way an hour away from school, we always skip the first 3 periods we would be at school in at about 9:15, that's when our homies got on the train)

Shai

Ty'kea

Rayan

Corahn

Jeremiah

Justine

Fernando

Ciara. To be exact.

Me-Mia Sydia Naji Harris wake the fuck up!!!

Mia- (groggy) damn Charles 😑

Me- you made me promise you weren't going to be any later than usual to class

Mia- whateva wass good shai ?

Shai - ahh nun much. We still seeing Isaac?

Me- damn homegirl dick whipped or nah? But on another tip me and Mia was going to Zarros so why not?

( Zarros was a hot joint down in manhattan that my brother, Glyn was assistant manager at ~ my brother also was able to take care of our other business on his job. Me and my boys was kinda dragged into the business young but that's. Another story. )

Jeremiah- yo brother still work up there?

Me- naw shit, why would I travel an hour?

Jeremiah- school my nigga -.-

Fernando- ( scoffs ) dumbass

Me- aye! I'm the one getting you free rolls nigga!

( I rested my argument as I watched Mia and Corahn sit there in an awkward stare. Ty loud ass of course broke the newborn silence )

Ty- Soo what period we making a scene at?

Justine I'm lost 😟😳😁

Mia- (mumbles) yo ass wasn't lost 3 nights ago 😒

Justine -(😑 straight face 😒)

Mia- you know what I'm out ( gets off at the next stop)

(Ciara awkward ass)

Ciara- and than there were 9

Fernando- At least we can always count on you to ruin the moment 😒😁

Ciara- did anybody ask your Puerto Rican ass for commentary

Fernando- Calm down mami just teasing 😏

Me- ( been glaring at Justine the whole time )

By the time we reached the next two stops we were two blocks from Zarros aprox. 7mins away from school. Squad got off the train car ~ shai, Ty, Fernando, Jeremiah, Rayan ( who was awfully quiet ), Ciara, Corahn, and Justine.