one - catwoman's story

She was an outcast in the dark city of Gotham.

That was definitely one way to describe her anyway.

Another way?

An orphan.

Simply, abandoned.

Misjudged even.

Just... different in general. But certainly independent, unreliable to others.

That was Lauren Jauregui alright.

Or as she was most famously known: the 'Catwoman'.

Only very few people knew her real identity. She always liked to keep her identity a secret to most people because, well, she was a wanted woman after all. Even classed as a criminal to some.

Personally, she liked to call herself a vigilante. Or simply, a cat burglar. Whatever, it didn't matter. She wasn't fazed by whatever people wanted to call her.

When she first designed her outfit, the thrill was incredible.

Black leather. Tight material.

She made weapons, such as a whip, which was her favourite one of all, and thought of tactics to get through her life in the streets of Gotham City.

Living in Gotham was tough. She had to train herself in martial arts to survive.

Before she bought her first apartment from trading in all of the jewellery that she had stolen in the past, she lived under whatever materials she could; mainly cardboard boxes. She was extremely thankful for her apartment now though.

She had worked with the Batman in the past but The Bat just did not have the same morals as her. So, she quit playing with the poor guy a while back. He was overrated anyway.

Turned out, he was a hopeless romantic. And Lauren didn't like that shit.

She was the type of girl that didn't believe in happy endings. Not with her lifestyle.

She never really liked being tied down to someone for longer than a night anyway.

It just wasn't her thing.

Growing up was difficult for Lauren, she never really had anyone to teach her things, rules. She had no one to help her. She found her way through life on her own.

And that's how things would always be for her.

The streets were her home. The violence, the danger, the utterly insanity that flooded the streets of Gotham... all of that was comforting to Lauren.

She hated to admit it, but Lauren would use people. A lot...

Use people to get what she wanted.

Use people to make them help her.

And use people to get her out of sticky situations.

Manipulation, at it's finest.

As a child, she had one friend. One person who she actually wanted to help, selflessly. One person who she could actually rely on.

It was all because they grew up on the streets together. They kept bumping into each other. And no matter how hard the both of them tried, they just kept walking into each other's lives.