14

The boys were finally coming back tonight. It had been two weeks since I saw them last and I couldn't wait to see them all again.

Softball season started the day after I came back from Arizona. It had been going well, and it was looking like I'd get a lot of pitching time this year.

I had dropped almost 10 pounds, and it was noticeable. My ribs were finally starting to peek out again, and my collar bones were virtually as defined as they were when I first started doing this, but I was still more than 120 pounds, which is just too much for me.

I was still keeping my promise to Corey though. This morning I ate seven grapes which were 14 calories, meaning I still had 36 more calories if I wanted. I probably wouldn't use them though.

I got back to my apartment and showered. I changed in leggings and a slightly oversized grey sweater before putting my practice clothes in the wash.

I still had an hour before I had to be at the airport, so I decided to clean the kitchen a bit. I picked up the floor, wiped down the counters and then swept.

"Shit." I cursed when I saw the time. Cleaning the kitchen took me 45 minutes which means I have 15 minutes to get to an airport that was almost 30 away.

I grabbed my bag and sprinted down the flights of stairs to the parking garage. I got in my car and raced down the freeway which was luckily traffic free; it was 8:00 pm after all.

I was only a few minutes late when I pulled into the parking lot. I walked in, not knowing what to expect. I don't know where Corey and I stand. I don't know what happened between us right before he left or what that kiss meant.

Was the fight over? Did he kiss me just to get me to shut up?

I sighed to myself and found the terminal where all the boys would be. I was able to locate them quickly; I just looked for the swarm of blue. The boys were all sitting around while Dave talked to them, so I wasn't too late.

Cody was the first one to see me, and he ran over as soon as his coach was done talking to him. He enveloped me in a huge hug, picking me up and spinning me around. "I missed you baby sis."

"I missed you too."

He frowned at my big sweatshirt and put his hands around where my rib cage was. "Cloe.."

"Cody, not in front of your team. Yell at me anywhere else."

He shook his head and wrapped me in another hug. "I'm not going to yell at you, Clo. It just makes me sad." He planted a kiss on the top of my head before turning me around.

"Now go sis, there's someone who needs to talk to you." He lightly shoved me to where Corey was awkwardly standing by himself.

"Corey-" I started to say something to him, but I was quickly cut off by his lips pressing themselves against my own. He dropped his bags and cupped my face with his hands then deepened the kiss. My arms snaked around his waist while I kissed back.

When we finally pulled away, he pulled me closer, so our foreheads were touching. The only sounds that were audible were the deep breaths coming from both of us.

"I love you, Cloe."

I was shocked. Corey loved me? I mean, I think I love him back. That has to be what that feeling was whenever we kissed or cuddled or even just hugged. I stuttered, trying to think of what to say back.

"You don't have to say it back, but I just needed you to know, that I really fucking love you."

At that point, all the guys and the coaches were watching us, but Corey and I blocked them out, our focus fixated on one other.