June 15th

June 15th

I can't be imagining this. Ghosts must exist. I have seen Jonah twice at school and once in Lucy's kitchen. School is awful, everyone thinks of me as the creepy emo chick. All my teachers have that look of pity in their eyes.

Today, I saw Mum. I was in the bathroom at school; when I had looked in the mirror and she was standing behind me. She said two words: 'Your fault' before slowly fading away. Just before she vanished completely her body contorted, flames erupting from her. She reached out a fire-covered hand towards me and let out a silent scream. Then she disappeared. I hadn't noticed the three girls who had come into the bathroom while I had been distracted with Mum. They were whispering to each other something about what on earth had I been staring at and laughing.

The last time I saw Jonah he stared at me, sadness filling his eyes. A candle appeared in his hand, flickering menacingly and filling me with dread. He blew out the flame, vanishing abruptly as though the light keeping him in view had been switched off.

I can't take this!

I know it's my fault they aren't here. I know it. I know it. I know it.

Why did I have to leave that goddam candle burning in my room? Why did I have to sleepover at Casey's? If I hadn't I would've died with them. Or they would still be here...