Friday

Chap 1: Friday
(Please read authors note at the end!)
Keith's POV

"Only one more week of school left," I mumbled to myself as I stared at the clock. "Just be good for one week, Keith." I pep-talked myself as I watched the clock inch closer and closer to the time 3:25. I tapped my foot against the hardwood floor in anticipation and quickly glanced at the teacher who was engrossed on trying to cram as much as he could into a few short sentences before the bell.

But who was he kidding? Nobody was listening. It's friday, and after this block, were out of school for the weekend. But what makes it even better is that after the weekend is over, we only have finals before summer break. So about everyone in that classroom was hyperfocused on the clock.

I bit my lip as the clock ticked one more time, 3:24. Only one more minute. Quietly I brought my hand down to my side and wrapped it around my bag, getting a good grip on it so that I could walk out as soon as I heard that bell.

So, with a smile on my face I waited, and before the teacher could even say goodbye, the bell rang, and a stampede of students made their way out into the halls. I took a deep breath as I searched for openings to run though and quickly found myself running into the herd, twisting and turning in many different ways until I managed to make my way to my own locker.

I sighed out of relief as I made it into the clear as the majority of students had already managed to make their way out to the busses or the car rider line. I brought my hand up to the lock and began to put in the combination when I suddenly the sound of clapping rang through my ears.

I looked over, startled to see none other than Lance Mcclain. He smiled at me as he shook his head. "What?" I ask him as I finish putting the combination in. Once I turned back Lance put his hands up and began to sign, "no, no, nothing. It's just that once again you managed to fight your way through that crowd of hormonal teens. I'm proud of you." He smiled as he put his hands down.

I shook my head at him and laughed. "Yeah, maybe I should join the gymnastics team then," I say sarcastically, making him jump up and down. "You should," he signed. I glanced at him for a second, shaking my head before putting away all the books in my bag.

When I turned back to Lance, he had a pout. "You need to put some of that talent into something productive y'know?" I nodded at him, "I know Lance, you've only told me that a million times."

His face changed slightly but quickly shook away the thought, "well I'll keep telling you till you apply yourself. You're crazy for not joining any sports teams with that body." He teased making my cheeks go pink.

"I got it, I got it. I'll look out for something, but in the meantime I guess you'll be stuck with me." I smiled, jabbing his side. He chuckled. "I don't see a problem with that." He signed before grabbing one of my hands.

I squeezed his hand tightly as we walked out, and watched as a small smile made it's way on his lips. He was beautiful. And I couldn't get him out of my mind so matter how hard I tried. And I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I was to have such an amazing guy be my boyfriend.

"How did I get so lucky?" I asked Lance as we began our walk to his house. Lance chuckled as he brought his hands up once more, "more like it's the other way around." He signed. "To think I managed to score somebody as hot as you, who not only makes me happy but makes an effort to make me comfortable." Lance smiled, looking down at his hands. "You never push me to speak out loud, and it makes me feel so lucky." He signed before leaning up to me and kissing my cheek.

Blush dusted my cheeks as he pulled away and he smirked. Quickly I covered my mouth looked away, "I guess we're both lucky then." I say taking Lance's hand into mine once more, letting them sway between us.