Nightgowns

This chapter is based off this little thingymajig that I found online when Elide and Lorcan are staying at the palace in Terrasen and Elide needs to borrow a nightgown off Aelin.  In case I confuse you everyone has been immortalised.                                                                                                                  Anyway, hope you enjoy.                                                                                                                                              Selene. 

The carriage jolted and Elide awoke from the snooze she'd slipped into without noticing it after lying on Lorcan's comfortable shoulder. The carriage dipped into yet another pothole and she was knocked over to the other wall. 

"Elide!" Lorcan reached over and set her upright, dusting her down. Elide didn't really mind this, she just hoped that he wouldn't go all territorial mode on her. 

"I'm fine, it'll take more than that to hurt me." Elide reassured him, and, thankfully, he let go of her. 

"Are you absolutely sure that Aelin said this was the quickest and fastest route to Orynth?", Lorcan questioned Elide. 

"Well it's the only route to Orynth, to be honest," she said matter of factly, "Anyway, we need to be there for the mating party that Aelin and Rowan have thrown in honor of fifty years of their being together. 

He pulled her closer to him, the word mate always made him feel grateful that he had someone as perfect as Elide as his soul-bonded. He sent yet another thankful prayer to the Gods that he and his mate would be happy for as long as their immortality lasted. Lorcan's silent prayer was interrupted by a thumping on the top of the carriage, and a muffled call that they had arrived at the palace.

     ***********************************************************************

Aelin lay on Rowan's and her shared bed and popped another chocolate into her mouth. She was getting bored waiting for Lysandra, Aedion, Manon, Dorian, Chaol, Nesryn, Elide and Lorcan to turn up and had instead turned to the box of chocolates that were permanently kept on her bedside table.  She knew it wasn't exactly queenly of her, but she had always thought a day without chocolate or books, preferably both, was a day wasted. Flipping through the pages of her favourite book, she remembered her first meeting with Rowan, over fifty years ago now. 

The double doors flew open, and Rowan strode into their room. Aelin tried as quickly as she could to hide her chocolates, but even her lightening reflexes could not escape Rowan's hawk eyes. 

"Really, chocolates again, Fireheart? They seem to be all you ever eat." He lightly shook his head at her, but Aelin could tell he was waiting for an answer.

"I just seem to be craving it all the time, now," she said truthfully, "They're all I ever want to eat." 

"Mad you are, absolutely mad. Sometimes I have no idea why the gods mated us two, of all people. Still, I thank them for it every day." Rowan sat on the bed next to her and pulled Aelin closer to him. 

"Gods, Rowan, you've gone all soft on me. There must be something wrong with you." She replied, poking him gently in the side. All the same, Aelin still found it nice that someone would say something like this to her. It was one of those warm tingly feelings that start in your stomach and slowly rise up, spreading warmth across your body as it goes. 

"I will always love you, Fireheart."

               ***********************************************************************

To be continued....

Word Count: 559 (so far)

               **********************************************************************

THANK YOU ALL FOR  100 READS!!! Cue the celebrations, woo!! 🍾🎈🎉🎁🎁🎉🎈🍾   Thanks to everyone who has read this, it means a lot to me to get this many. 

Selene Xx

Hey to everyone who is reading this, sorry I haven't been updating recently, my minds been off wandering and I've had quite a bit of school stuff to do. As it's nearly the summer holidays for us (I'm in the UK) I should be able to update more often.  Anyways, please feel free to give me suggestions because I'm kinda bad at thinking stories up. Ok, random thing, on Thursday my math teacher let the whole class stand up and do the Macarena, because the school next door were blasting it as it was the Sports day. But, thanks for reading, sorry I haven't updated and I will be very soon. Maybe.

Bye, Selene Xx