C h a p t e r - 4

Important: I changed this book's name from Even in death to 'The truth is a deep secret'

~ Armaan's POV ~

I started walking through the corridors and saw that  most of the room's doors were closed. It was a huge house. It made me doubt that she lives alone.

I was drowning in the ocean of choas, I stood there , totally confused, could not understand what to do.I started going back to the living room.

"Your tea is becoming like cold water, drink it before it turns into ice." She said loudly as soon as I reached.

"Okay! But wouldn't you mind if I go here and there in this house?" I asked even though I had no interest roaming, I was doing all this just because of confusion.

"I really don't " She replied.

I holded the tea cup and drank the tea. There was pin-drop silence. I looked at her, she simply smiled but to me it seemed that there was something really dark. I knew everything happened for a reason but what was the reason behind all this?

"If you want to tell me something, you can. I will not judge you." Natasha said breaking the deadly silence.

She had not told me anything but asking if I wanted to say something. She was really strange. But I suddenly had a feeling that I should tell her about myself, my past because she looked similar to someone I knew. I wanted to finger this matter out.

Flashback

I was born in Jammu, India. Life there was nothing special but nothing bad too. My parents adored me as much as they did my sister. I was in a art club in our school and that was a way where I found some people to talk to. Others were friendly but I didn't felt really close to anyone. My father got transfered when i was in 9th grade and my sister in 11 grade to Delhi. So our whole family had to shift.

There I meet Neelu and Tanmay. We become really good friends. Neelu was a really badass girl who seem to not just care what others think. Tanmay was a humorous and very funny person who always had witty jokes fixed in his tongue.

Neelu had a elder brother whose name was Aditya and a younger sister, Urvi. Aditya was 6 years older than Neelu.

One sunny day, i was waiting for Tanmay and Neelu at a coffee shop.  We used to go to movies, restaurants on Sundays and meet in Coffee shop. Suddenly a girl came into my notice who was sitting in another table and talking to someone. She looked at me and smiled. She had light brown hairs, which seemed to be dyed and a tan complexion. Really tall and a  skinny body. She went up from the chair and came sat on the chair that was beside me. It seemed slightly awakard to me as I didnt know her and she directly came and sat.

"Hey, I'm shruti! Its nice to meet you! What about you?" She said.

"Armaan.." I said because I could not say anything rude to her and Even there was no need to be that way to her.

"Okay....do you Neelu?"

"Yes..I do. She is a really good friend of me but why are you asking?"

"I just knew her and I see you come here on weekends with her and Tanmay, that's why I'm asking. And if you know her then you should also be knowing Aditya ?"

"Yes I do"

"Hmm... Can you please give me your Phone number?

" wait..what? Are you crazy! I have meet you a while ago and you are asking for phone number.

"I'm really sorry if I'm annoying you but see you seem to be a nice person that's why I asked. Its okay if you don't wanna give.

I gave her my phone number. I was acting rude for no reason. Maybe she was a person who loves to meet new person and just to make me comfortable she asked me that I knew Neelu or not. But then the question that was roaming in my mind was that how did she knew Neelu?

She left without telling me anything else. After they came cheerfully. I told them whatever happened till then. They were astonished when they heard this as neither Neelu nor Tanmay knew her.

Aditya worked as a part-time DJ in a night club. Even though I did never liked going to nightclubs but I did because Neelu liked. Sometimes I enjoyed being there too. I did not taste alcohol or dance crazily. I just stood in the corner waiting for the time to came when I could leave. After two weeks, I met Shruti in the night club. I wanted to ask her a lot of questions but before I could do, she change the topic and the topic was a really weird one.

" Are you single ?"

"Yes, I'm "

"Do you wanna be in a casual relationship?"

" what do you mean by that?"

"In simple language, I wanna be in a relationship with you but that will not be serious...now can you understand? and ohh yeah you were wondering how I know Neelu, well I met her back when I came here in Delhi. She probably don't remember me. "

This could be the height of strangeness but I said yes to her. She was asking for a 'causual relationship' even though I have never been in a relationship in the first place, I sounded funny.

I did not say anything to anything about it. But this girl was amazing. She was funny, cheerful and extroverted. She was born in a small town near town but came here for attending college. She lived in hostel.She always talked with me about how popular she was in her school and about the people in her neighbourhood and her family. There was nothing deep between us.

She forced me to tell everybody that she was my girlfriend and yes, a serious girlfriend. I felt awkward but yet as she became desperate I had to. Even my family knew about it. She was just too much different from me. I used to take her to Neelu's house with me. Shruti become really close to Neelu. They seemed to be sisters. Shruti was a good singer too. Her voice was really melodious. Neelu had a passion for music so shruti started coming to her house even without me to teach her how to sing. Being together for longer time made their bond becoming closer.

Suddenly one day she told me that she didn't wanna continue that relationship anymore. I did not talk with her after that. She still went to Neelu's house. I had no feeling of pain or loss because I never felt anything for her.

After sometime my father declared that we were going to shift to Jammu again. After I came here, problems started. I passed 12th grade and then my mother wanted me to study something that most people do but I wanted to becoming an artist. Suddenly I mother started showing hate towards and showing her true colors.

Surprising Neelu and not even Tanmay contacted me and even more astoining that I also did not try to. I had a ego that needed to be killed.  Here, I did not had anyone as close as them but some acquaintances. Yash was a good friend of mine. I had no idea of what happened there afterwards.

Shruti came and gone in my life like a wind. Natasha and Shruti look so much similar that at the first sight she reminded me of shruti. Same height, same body type, same face shape but different dressing style and completely  different personality.

Flashback End