ii

I had a pretty good first day at my new job. My boss, Nigel is actually really cool. He is a friendly and supportive person. He's really open to ideas and I always have a lot of them- he decides whether they're good ideas or not. Almost everything was working out, I love marketing and I am fortunate enough to have a good boss, all that was left was to get adjusted in Maple Leaf Drive.

I reached home around 5:30 after work and decided to try to talk to my neighbours. I went over to the old couple's house but there was a whole lot of miscommunication. The couple are deaf and unfortunately they did not have hearing aids. There were a lot of actions and gestures taking place by us and they looked offended so I left from their porch. I tried the first house of our neighbourhood, where the divorced woman lives, but no one answered the door.

At last, I rang the bell of my rude-shirtless-lawn-mowing neighbour. He didn't answer the door either. I accepted defeat and decided to run some errands. my fridge was empty because I had just moved, so I went to a local supermarket to stock it up. As I was passing through the hardware aisle, I noticed a familiar figure. I left my cart on the side and walked up to my nameless neighbour.

"Hi again, I'm still Maya." I said as he tugged against new rope, probably testing its strength,

"Lucius." He replied.

"That's your name?" I asked.

He let the rope hang loosely against his hands and looked at me for a minute.

"Do you have a problem with my name?" He asked while twining the rope around his hands without breaking eye contact, which felt quite intimidating.

"No, I actually like it." I replied with a friendly smile.

We stared at each other for another minute or two, while he kept on winding the rope around his palm. He gave me the chills, so I said my goodbyes and continued my shopping. Anyway, I didn't feel like making more small talk while we were running errands.

I went home, did some sorting and cooked dinner, I made chicken rice for dinner and watched Modern Family while eating it. That show is absolutely hilarious, but I couldn't enjoy it that night. Something kept distracting me. I felt like somebody was watching me. I left my windows and curtains open to let cool breeze into my home, but I did feel a little spooked out. It was probably due to my encounter with Lucius. I love his name, but he is a very creepy man.

Maybe I'll move out of this neighbourhood after my contract ends. If I get a good deal, I'll definitely move. Who knows what Lucius does behind closed doors with ropes.