<<chapter uno>>

{This chapter is gonna be in third person, hope you don't mind!}
Olivia sighed as she stared out the window, frowning as she watched the clouds drift away from the sun. Now it was her least favorite time of day and least favorite type of weather. She hated it when the sun was out on an especially hot afternoon, it reminded her of the old trailer park she used to live in.
  Before she came here, to the orphanage, she lived in an old trailer that was a trashy excuse for a home. It was always sunny where she lived, and the only shady place was inside, and even indoors there was no AC.
  She had been able to make do with being inside until her parents started to argue. All of the time. It started out with rude words, and disagreements, then escalated to screaming and throwing things at each other. She couldn't bare it, so she would just sit outside and draw pictures in the dirt.
  The day before her parents had lost custody of her, her mother had thrown a beer bottle at her father, landing a shard of glass in Olivia's shoulder. Her father had ran out of the house, and Olivia hadn't seen him again.
   Her thoughts were interrupted by Ms. Hall's loud booming voice from downstairs.
  "Everybody better have their finest clothes on in one minute, because the couple will be here in just five minutes!" she yelled, frustration clear in her voice.
  Olivia was already in the only dress she owned, the grey one Ms. Hall had given her. She ran downstairs and stood in her age group's section, 8-12. Soon enough there was a knock on the door, and Ms. Hall ran to answer it. She seemed awful eager to get rid of one of us.
  "Why hello! You must be the Joseph's! Come in, please!" Ms. Hall said, sounding sweeter than usual.
   She led them around the corner to where all of the children were standing.
  "Did you have an age group in mind that you'd be looking to adopt from? A gender?" Ms. Hall asked politely.
  "A girl from 8-12 please, thank you." the woman with the blonde hair said.
   Olivia felt her heart skip a beat, and she stood up straighter, wishing she had a better pair of shoes than the beat up sneakers.
She watched them whisper and point, and then, the man spoke up.
   "We wanted to meet with two of the girls, and if you don't mind, we would like to meet the girl with short black hair first, please." he said, with a warm smile.
   Olivia felt a pang of jealousy as she watched Ms. Hall lead Aurelia Evans to the meeting room. She hoped that she would be the next girl, but she had noticed that they both had their eyes on Caitlin Brooks, the oldest girl in the group.
   But when they came back, they called for Olivia instead, to her surprise.
  "Come on, Livi!" Ms. Hall said, guiding her to the back. She left Olivia alone with the two.
  "Hi, I'm Jenna, and this is my husband Tyler! What's your name, how old are you?" Jenna asked sweetly.
  "I- I'm Olivia. I'm e-eleven..." she stammered, fiddling with her fingers.
  They continued talking to Olivia, and she continued to stammer and over think everything she said. Finally, they were done, and Olivia went back to her group. The couple talked with Ms. Hall in another room, and Olivia didn't know how she felt anymore.
  At first she had been eager, but now she didn't feel comfortable leaving here. What if it turned out to be like her parents relationship? What if it was worse? Olivia liked them, but wasn't sure if she was right for them.
  They stepped back into the room, along with Ms. Hall.
  "Well, Livi, you can go upstairs and pack your bags! The papers have been signed, and you'll be living with Jenna and Tyler now!" She said enthusiastically, with a wide smile.
   Olivia was beginning to get used to the nickname 'Livi', and smiled as she ran upstairs to get her things. She was growing to like Ms. Hall, and like her bed, and like the people here. And now she was leaving with people she didn't even know. She looked around at the room one last time.
  Goodbye, Oakwood Orphanage. It's been nice.

A/N
hiii, this is my first time writing on here, and ik the end was rushed, i didnt want it to be too long. And please, feedback is encouraged, tell me what u want me to add/fix! Tysm💛💛