A Key Is Everything

Summer Break

It's the last day of school, and of course, you are racing home to start a long week of food- anime- sleeping- or whatever you do on a regular basis.

You get home and dash up to your room. It's a small room, but you decorated it yourself with all the things from your childhood, and all the other things that you've collected over the years.

It's a bit quirky, but you've got to give yourself props. It's a nice looking room.

You, yourself are a normal person.

Well...as normal as you could be.

You go to school. You try to be a good kid for your parents. Overall, you believe yourself to be somewhat of a good person with everything for the most part usually working out for you...

And you really don't like it.

Yes. You, (F/n) (L/n), really don't like normal life. That goes to say. It's just not for you.

Flopping onto your bed, you stare at your room with your mind in a daze.

Some days just feel like routine. While most days are just Deja-vu. You feel like you're in a constant loop that you just can't get out of. Just wishing for that one day where something big would happen. But. Knowing that this is real life, and that although you wish big. You figured that nothing like that would ever happen.

Until today that is...

You See Darkness...

A small voice reaches your ears.

"That is the only thing that you can't see. It hides the light that everyone searches for. Binding us from what we should be able to see."

Another voice speaks, it's voice a bit higher than the last.

"At times it can be dangerous, but at the end of the day, with wonder and sparks in our mind and eyes. It can, at times, be helpful. But the same can be said about the light."

A third voice, it's voice is like a light breeze in the crowd of voices.

"They can be equal, but still so opposite as they balance each other. And they are both...

unpredictable."

You open your eyes to a bright and blinding light.

You feel that something is definitely wrong.

The last thing you remembered was that you were in your room. You were daydreaming about what it would be like to have an adventure. When suddenly, you developed a headache. Feeling that it was getting worse, you stood up only to only to black out from exhaustion.

A light suddenly flashes, you squint your eyes and the light dims downs. You're in a rusted room that from what you can see is empty.

Looking behind you, you find that the wall is covered with more that a thousand keys hanging on hooks that reached all corners of the wall. You stand, walking closer. You notice that upon closer inspection, the keys were each different and had a unique style and emblem. You look back across the room to where you once were and see a door. You hesitantly start to make your way over to it, only to find that it's locked. You panic and start to shake the door by the handle.

"(Y/N)..." The small voice from before is back.

"Huh?..." You pause, your eyes search the room, looking for the owner of the speaker.

"(Y/N)...You must choose..."

"Choose?" You asked in confusion.

"Yes! Choose...A Key..." The voice faded, and you were left back in silence, with the exception of the sound of your own breathing in the lonely room.

"A...Key?" You look towards the wall of keys, and make your way back over to them. "Choose a key?" You asked yourself as you became even more confused than you already were.

"Well...If that's the case..." You slowly raised your hand towards a key.

"Then I'll choose..."

How do you like the story so far? 🌃
Here's a quick question, Which would you believe is your inner self?😺

Light with a bit of darkness ​
Or
Darkness with a bit of light?

**Edited Version 2.0!🍝
***Edited: 7-20-18