Myths

When I was younger,

I remember my grandma telling me stories of a place called, "The Grand Line"

She told me of the adventures she had with the people she called her family.

Her Nakama.

And she said, one day, maybe I could meet them and maybe find MY nakama and have an adventure of my own.

But after enough time, you realize that some memories change as you gather more of your story.

The more memories I gained, the more I wished nothing would ever change.

As time changed, so did my grandma's stories, until one day she didn't even remember that she had any stories to tell...

*~*~*

-FLASHBACK-

I remember the seeing tears roll down her face. Her hands clasped together tightly in frustration.

I was standing outside the kitchen door.

I was wearing the necklace she gave me, holding the silver key pendant of the necklace in my hands as I watched her through the crack in the door.

I remember hearing her asking herself, "Why can't I remember?..."

I painfully heard her ask herself these words over and over again.

It was as if she was in a trance.

I couldn't hold back my tears as I watched my grandmother struggle to hold onto the last of her memories of a forgotten time.

*~*~*

I woke up as sunlight began pouring into the room.

I rolled over on my back. The futon Rayleigh had gave me the night before was surprising calmed my mind.

I stared at the ceiling.

The conversation yesterday with Rayleigh had been replaying in my head.

I sighed and continued​ to stare up at the ceiling in thought.

I pulled my necklace from my shirt and lifted the key. The design was always strange to me. The sunrise entered through the window reflected off of it.

Without thinking, I got up and explored the temple.

Sorry this is such a short chapter. I promise that the next one will be a little longer.