vi

"CAN I SEE her?" Finnick asked, running a shaky hand through his messy hair. The woman shook her head.

"Scarlett's not accepting visitors right now. Sorry Finnick," she said. He sighed. This had been the fourth time he'd tried to visit her in the past month. But every time, her mother would tell him that she was busy or she didn't want to talk to him. He was getting desperate.

"Alright, thank you," he sighed, walking away. He was almost out of the Victors Village when an idea sprung up in his mind. He ran back to the side of the large house, picking up rocks on his way.

"Scout!" He threw one at her window and called her name quietly. "Scout!"

He threw a few more stones before the window opened.

"Finnick?" Her small voice whispered as she stuck her head out.

"Hi," he smiled.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, confused.

"I came to see you," he replied with a shrug.

"My mum says I can't be around you," Scout told him.

"Why not?" He asked, eyebrows stitched together.

"She's been overprotective ever since I came home. I can hardly let anyone visit," she sighed, leaning her head on her hand.

"Sneak out with me," he said.

"What? Are you insane?" She asked, incredulously.

"A little," he chuckled, holding up his hand with his pointer finger and thumb an inch apart to show how crazy he was.

Scarlett laughed. "How would I get out of here?"

"Jump. I'll catch you," Finnick responded.

"Alright, give me a second to put my shoes on," she smiled, disappearing from the window.

-

"I HAVE A plan," Beetee spoke so suddenly that it startled Katniss. She looked over at him. "I have a plan."

"Finnick!" Johanna stood up and yelled, getting his attention. He stood up and grabbed Scouts hand again, taking her with him to the shore.

"Where do the Careers feel safest? The jungle?" Beetee asked.

"The jungle's a nightmare," Johanna said.

"The beach is their best bet," Peeta said.

"Then why are they not here?" Beetee asked.

"Because we are. We claimed it," Johanna said, a bit annoyed.

"And if we left, they would come," Beetee said.

"Or stay hidden in the treeline," Finnick added.

"Which, in just a few hours, will be flooded by the wave. And what happens at midnight?" Beetee asked.

"The lightning hits the tree," Scout said.

"Then, here's what I propose. We leave at dusk. We head to the lightning tree, that should draw them back to the beach. Prior to midnight, we'll run this wire from the tree to the water. Anyone in the water, or on the damp sand, will be electrocuted," Beetee explained.

"How do we know the wire won't burn up?" Johanna asked.

"Because I invented it. I assure you, it won't burn up," Beetee said.