v

"WHERE IS SHE?" Finnick asked, running into the Capitol building where she would be staying for the night.

"Scarlett Romes is in her room," the attendant said.

"I need to see her. What room is it?"

"She's requested not to speak to anyone," the attendant said.

"I don't care. She'll understand. I have to see her," he demanded, slamming his hand on the counter separating the desk worker and him. The employee sighed but gave him the key to her room.

He sprinted through the building until he found her door. He froze and fixed his hair, catching his breath before he walked in.

"Finnick?" He heard as he walked through the threshold. She was sitting on her bed, cross-legged, staring at him in disbelief. Tears were streaming down her face

"Scout!" He ran over to the bed, jumping onto the mattress and sitting by her side. He hugged her with so much force she thought her ribs would break.

"I told you I'd see you again," he mumbled into her hair. She gripped the front of his shirt and cried.

"I don't know how you do it," she sobbed. "How do you keep yourself together? After everything is over, how do you go back to normal?"

"You don't," he said softly. "You can't."

He loosened his grip and rubbed her back, trying to stop her crying.

"Th-they killed my dad. I just know it," she muttered.

"What?" Finnick asked.

"They said he overdosed, but they killed him. I know they did," she explained, shaking. He pulled away, holding her shoulders.

"Why would they do that?" He asked.

"Because, why else would he die while I was in the Games? Gunner and I were trying to defy them and they didn't like it," she hiccuped, wiping away her tears. "They wanted to punish me."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But you made it, you're alive. You're safe now. President Snow can't hurt you anymore," Finnick hummed, hugging her again. He repeated it over and over until he felt her breathing even out and she was asleep.

-

"LOOK. FOR YOU," Peeta said, handing Katniss a pearl he'd found in a clam.

"Thank you," she smiled.

A scream was heard from across the arena.

"That's new," Peeta stood up. Everyone else did too when they heard a cannon sounding.

A large wave slid down into the lake caused by a giant landslide. The wave stopped at the Cornucopia like it had hit a wall. The wave scattered and raised the tide, causing the water to soak their boots even as they stood near the treeline.

A plane from the Capitol swooped into the forest to collect the dead body.

"Somebody's here," Katniss said when the tide went back down. Instead of hiding behind the trees like everyone else, Scout - true to her name - was scouting out who it was.

"Johanna?" She mumbled, causing Finnick to look. He smiled and ran out to meet her.

"Johanna!"

"Finnick!" She called out, pushing two others out of the jungle. Wiress and Beetee. Scout followed after. Katniss and Peeta walked out too.