-Chapter One-

Author's Note: This story takes place in a modern day au! This is also my first fanfiction so I'm just warning you not to expect some professional writing, but I'll try my best!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was an average summer morning. The sun was shining brightly, a little too brightly. The parks were full of kids enjoying their break from school. As expected from a summer day, the atmosphere was extremely hot, and everyone felt like they were melting. The Egyptian woman didn't seem to mind and continued jogging. She had on a simple outfit consisting of a gray t-shirt, black shorts, and a pair of sports shoes. The woman was on her way to the gym, her long hair flowing in the wind as she jogged to her destination. Fareeha had a feeling that today would be a good day.

After working out she started getting ready to leave until she spotted someone running into the gym. A girl with short brown hair and a very energetic personality rushed in and greeted Fareeha. "Oh, hey Tracer." She said. They talked for a little on their way out of the gym. "So, I have some good news." Tracer said. "And what may that be?" Fareeha questioned.

-Meanwhile-

A pile of papers fell off the desk but everyone was too exhausted to pick it up. A blonde woman sighed, with stress, feeling like she could pass out in any moment. Everyone could tell just by looking at her face that she was exhausted. Angela was always known for overworking herself, she always prioritized her job over her own life. She works in the medical field, caring for others, but never herself.

"Angela. Come to my office, we need to talk." Ana Amari said in a serious tone. Ana is her boss and when she's talking in that tone of voice, you know it's important. Angela tiredly walked towards the office and slumped down on a chair, her eyes begging to be shut.

"You've been working too hard, don't you think you deserve a break?" Ana said.

"No..I'm alright, I don't need one.." Angela reassured her. Ana sighed, "Don't lie to me," the elderly woman demanded, "Listen, you've done splendid work, I'm extremely proud of you, but you really do need to take care of yourself. That's why I'm giving you the whole month off from work."

Angela snapped out of her tired state, completely surprised. She understood that Ana was trying to help but a month seemed like too much. "What if there's a patient that needs me?" Angela questioned. "There's plenty of workers, it'll be alright," Ana assured her, "our whole job is to save other's lives, but how can you do that if you can't even save your own?" Angela sighed, she did have a good point.

"Ok, I'll take a break." She said. Ana smiled and patted her back, "Trust me, you really need it." Ana replied.

Angela walked out of the building and gave it one final look. She used the last of her energy to get home. The blonde woman quickly fell asleep and thought to herself, "I really did need a break."

-Back to Pharah-

"The good news is that Lucio's having a concert this Saturday!" Tracer cheerfully announced. "Bad news is that I could only afford tickets for Emily and I, I really wish I could've got one for you and my other friends."

"No, it's alright, I can buy my own ticket, you don't need to feel guilty." Fareeha reassured her. They talked a little more and exchanged their goodbyes.

Fareeha jogged home with excitement about the concert. Lucio is an amazing musician, appreciated by many. She knew this concert would be fun and for the whole day, that's all she'd think about.

-Back to Mercy-

Angela woke up at around 9 PM. "Guess that's what I get for sleeping so early," She said to herself. "Oh god, I also forgot to buy groceries." She changed into her casual outfit and headed out to the grocery store. On her way there, she wondered what she should do during her one month break. She spotted a flyer hanging on a wall and read it. Apparently it was about a concert starring Lucio. Angela smiled, "This sounds fun, I've got nothing else to do." She thought to herself.

-End of Chapter-

Author's Note: I'm sorry that this chapter was pretty slow, things will be a lot more interesting next chapter. Please leave reviews, and your thoughts about the story.