Chapter 13

"Ow" the boy cupped his hands around his nose and stepped back. "Why"
"Who are you? What are you doing here?" I questioned. He turned to face me and raised his eyebrows. He was relatively tall with olive skin, dark hair and dark eyes. He couldn't have been much older than me.
"So first you punch me and now you're going to interrogate me." I rolled my eyes slightly. "You know you haven't said sorry yet." I raised my eyebrow at him.
He sighed "I'm Caleb if you must know." He went back to examining his nose. " I think it might be broken. I can feel something out of-"
"It's not broken." I cut him off. He glares at me in response.

"You're rude you know that."

"It's been mentioned before." I shrug.

"And you are...?"

"None of your business." I reply, obviously not giving him the answer he wanted, and turning to head into the bathroom.

"Oh no, you don't get to do that. Who are you." I can feel him start to follow me so i turn. "Just a name that's all I'm asking for." He gives me his best attempt at a pouty face.

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"It's just a name. Besides I told you mine."

"Well then you're an idiot. Someone could do a lot with just a name." He pinches the bridge of his nose and closes his eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me." He mumbles. "Look, I work here so I'm like one of the good guys." He says raising his arms. "Now will you tell me your name?"

I consider it for a minute furrowing my brows. "No" I say as I start to push I'm out the door. He growls in frustration as he crosses the threshold.

"You know you still haven't said sorry."

"Goodbye." I close the door on him just as I see him squinting his eyes and shaking his head.
I turn around and head towards the bathroom, smiling slightly.
-----------------------------------
That night I slept on a cloud. The bed that they had given me was the most comfortable thing in the world. So comfortable that when light began streaming through the windows all I wanted to do was push the sun back down. A nick sounded at the door and with a grumble reluctantly slid out of the bed and to the door, wearing the nightgown that had been laid in the bathroom.
Standing there was a small middle aged smiling woman.

"Hello there dear." She sauntered past me and into the room where she proceeded to root through the now open closet. "Lets see now." She started to pick out a selection of dresses. "Oh this would look lovely with your skin tone." She continued further into the closet.

"I'm sorry and you are ?" She turned, her arms full with clothes.

"I'm Gina, I'm your maid." She said with a smile. If they've given me a maid that means they expect me to be here for a while. "Here try this on." She handed me a white strapless dress decorated with white embroidered flowers. It was simple but beautiful, the hem reaching the floor where Gina had dropped a pair of light pink heels.

"I don't think so." The dresses I can handle but the shoes. No way. "My boots are fine." I motion towards my battered boots and she gives me a look of absolute horror.

"But they're-"

"I'd think before you finish that sentence." I give her a warning look. I've worn almost nothing else for years.

Once I've convinced her to let me wear the boots I change into the dress, It's soft material fitting well. Sadly nowhere to hide the gun that I had hidden in one of the draws in the room but just enough space to hide a little knife. Gina had just finished my makeup and was about to move on to my hair, which I objected to repeatedly, when the door opened and I saw Amelia's beaming face pop in.

"Time for a tour!"
------------::::-----------------::::-----------
So much for updating more regularly
Bit of a filler chapter, sorry about that.
Thank you for reading xx

Please vote, comment and share x