Chapter 5

I do not own OUAT, any of it's cast or characters or plots. However, I am a faithful watcher and I am very interested to see how season 7 will go. This is just a prompt thing that I found online but then as I wrote it morphed into something entirely different! I figured I would try it out and see how it goes. I hope you enjoy because you all rather seemed to like the love potion one.

Helping Hand

3rd Person

Emma glares at her feet as she props them up on the coffee table, staring at her newly painted toes that took over an hour to do.

She's just over five months pregnant and it's safe to say she's never been more miserable. She's independent above all else, she likes working and she's good at it, but for some reason Killian has decided to take that away from her, and she's not sure why.

Well actually, she knows why. He's asked her to take the next two weeks off because they had a huge job that had some quite demanding people which meant her working twice as hard and being quick and able to move as fast as possible, but she can't do that with a bump the size of a blown up balloon under her shirt.

So, for the last week she's been alone and bored out of her mind.

She can understand why Killian wanted her to stay off, and she's been doing menial jobs that she's needed to catch up on from her computer that Gideon and Killian have been sending her just to keep her occupied and to pass the time.

However, it's not enough. She's never been one for menial jobs; she needs to be doing more. She's even had Mary Margaret round to try and help her learn how to knit and crochet, however it hasn't resulted in anything except ten pairs of booties staring at her, all in different sizes and colors depending on how she feels.

She made this pair of pale yellow ones that she's desperate to show Killian and see on the baby, she even made matching socks and is working on a little beanie hat. She might even go the full way and try making a cardigan but she isn't sure she wants to embrace that Granny side yet.

(Granny made a little blanket, and she's working on another one, waiting for a name.)

Emma thinks as she waits for her toenails to dry, pursing her lips in and out a couple of times, making strange faces at her TV since she can see herself in the reflection, before making a series of weird noises that resemble an animal in heat.

"Oh god, I'm so bored." She whispers. "What's next? Singing ballads?"

Emma dances a little as she watches her TV, hovering her carpet, using it like a microphone. "Tonight the music seems so loud, I wish that we could lose this crowd!" She sings loudly, swaying a little, getting into it more. "Maybe it's better this way, we'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say!" She sings along, trying to keep up with the fast pace.

She gets a little too into it, dropping her hoover, dancing around, forgetting her earlier boredom. "We could have been so good together, we could have lived this dance forever...But no one's gonna dance with me," She sings in high pitch loudly, hurting her own ears. "Please stay!" She practically yells, clapping her hands and wiggling her ass.

"And I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feeling got no rhythm-" She cuts herself off when her phone rings, rushing to it and narrowly missing falling over her hoover, answering quickly. "Hello?"

"Swan, hi, are you alright?" She smiles at Killian's voice, not realizing how loud her music was until he pauses, and she hears him click his tongue. "Love, are you listening to George Michael while dancing and singing to Careless Whisper again?"