Chapter Twelve

[Unedited. Gif on the side of the wonderful Harry Styles] 

Dedicated to @trishstyles

Snowman: Chapter Twelve || Harry

Melissa finally left the apartment, leaving me with her daughter and somethings I may need to pass this day through with her. Having the day off University seem to end up good considering Melissa doesn't seem to hate me now. I'm just giving her a good word with me and Ryder is a fun kid, she's a sweetheart.   I'm sure the day won't go as bad as Melissa is applying it to be. 

I turn around to see Ryder just sitting on the love seat, playing with a stuffing she must have brought over with her. I'm not sure what to do, even if Melissa wrote a total list of things to do and not do. When to try to put her down for a nap and when to let her eat. She ate an hour ago, so I'm aloud to feed her whenever she says she wants something to eat. I wouldn't be able to let her starve anyway. If she'd ask for anything, I probably would not have the guts to say no. 

Ryder faces me and shows off that pretty face of hers. Looks just like her Mother, I don't see anything that doesn't scream Melissa. Maybe her nose, but that's beside the point. Ryder also seems to be much more of a people person and whereas it took a nice bit to get Melissa to talk to me without staring at me as if I was a ghost. 

"So, what do you like to do for fun?"I asked, not sure if she'll understand my question. She's three, but seems to have a great understanding so far and that may be a good thing. 

Cheerfully, she smiled and started to jump on the couch down beside me. "I play with my dolls and Mama reads to me. Sometimes we have tea parties too." 

Her face when she says tea parties, is brighten then the sun itself. I have a bold feeling that we'll be having some tea and cookies. It's only early in the morning and Melissa told me to not let her eat to much, but she seems to have her heart set on this tea party thing. Never have I had one, since being a young boy myself. 

Gemma used to make me dress up in her dress-up clothes and force me to play with her. We'd spend hours acting like stuck up British ladies eating Mum's homemade sweets and tea freshly made. It was always fun and we'd waste the whole day til bedtime, that was hard for Mum to get us up to bed. Out of all the toys we had, we prefer food and our huge imagination. 

After the length of time the two of us just staring at each other, Ryder gave us so many hints of having a tea party. I entertained her for a little over two hours with reading numerous fairy tales and playing hide and sneek, always letting her win of course. She got bored and I didn't have much more to do with her. We started to choose the few food from my kitchen, mostly she picked the only junk food I had. 

"Harry sir, would you like some tea?"Ryder giggles, holding up the small kettle that is actually filled with water. I could not dare give Ryder tea and were playing pretend anyway, water is the best way. I gave her a nod and watched her carefully pour it out. Thankfully she never spilled it this time, unlike the many other times. "Here you are! Freshly done and your'll be begging for more."

I'm not sure where this child gets her humour and attitude, but she's the funniest kid I've ever met. Trying to hold in your laughter is nearing impossible and it's a get thing I don't see her everyday, I wouldn't have another laugh left in me. 

I took a slow drink of the water she poured for me, she's watching me as I did so and her smiled widen up her cheeks. Her beautiful glow was just like her Mum's and their smile was basically the same thing. Only that I get to see Ryder's a little more offered then Melissa's.