🌕Chapter 3🌕

(Just saying the point of view from now on will only be Landis's)
The NASA official opens another door, by the time we enter she closes it. It was a dim room, with an array of chairs in the middle. We reluctantly decide to take a seat in the middle. I look around the room, I don't see any indication of the type of room this is. After what seems like forever someone came from behind me.

"Welcome..." They said in a grim voice, causing a jump scare among all of us.

"Who are you?" Gianna asks, unfazed by the scare.

"You don't have to worry about that, what you do have to worry about however, is if you are going to be alive..." He said taking slow, loud steps around us.

"I'm gonna call you..." Omar said getting cut off by the man.

"Chester, call me Chester." He said with a slight smirk. "I will be your mentor, as you are the only group of children not going to one of the other 7 main planets in our solar system. This means you will need hardcore training, considering you are the first people to set foot on this new planet."

"What's this planet called?" I ask, my hands and legs were shaking in fear. As if I were at gunpoint.

"Planet X, discovered years ago on an orbit mission. Ever since then we have been constantly researching it. We were hesitant at first to let people explore, let alone live there. But we had no choice. "

I felt like I was going to faint, the fact that WE were the first people to take a trip to this planet was stressful enough, but now it was even scarier that they didn't want to have people living there in the first place.

"When do we start training?" Judy asked

"Tomorrow, first thing in the morning. You will be up by 4...or else." He said, with his dark voice trailing off as he left the room."

We all looked at each other in complete fear, and disbelief. Why did this have to happen to us? How did this happen to us?

Two minutes later, a handful of guards barged in and took us to our rooms, and quite forcefully if you asked me. It was a single room, enclosed with two bunk beds. The guards handed each of us a grey suit with the NASA logo on the right side. She told us we each had to change into it, as it would be our only clothing option.

After we change we get cleaned up for dinner which was actually delicious, considering I've only eaten a plate of rice, and chick peas these past few days. It was steak and potatoes, and I literally inhaled it, that's how good it was. After dinner we headed back to our room where we would get ready for bed.

"Are you guys ready for tomorrow?" I ask curious about how they felt about this.

"I think its probably going to be pretty cool" Omar said with a slight grin.

Gianna and Judy were silent, they hadn't said a word since dinner. "You guys okay?" I ask

"It's just...never mind." Judy says with a sigh and a frown "I'm going to sleep"

Gianna shook Judy causing her to sit back up, "What?" "You didn't answer the question." Gianna said. Gianna was never one shy away from getting things out of us. If we ever were sad. she demands us talk to her even if we don't. And if that problem involves someone else, she wont bed kicking someone's butt for her friends.

"Ever since the war broke out, its been tough. My parents lost their jobs, Dad got drafted into the army. So its only been me, my mom, and my little sister. Now that we are going to another planet I, I just cant' stop worrying about them." She broke out into a soft sob.

Gianna gave her a hug, "It's gonna be alright, I'm worried about my family too. But its sadly we can't control what happens to them." she said with a sniffle

Me and Omar were just watching them pour their souls out right in front of my eyes. I go over there and hug them both, soon enough Omar joins in and we all have group hug. It was one of the many, many sentimental, memorable moments we shared together. It felt good for all of us, we each have gone through so much these past couple of weeks. The only thing we could do was stay together.

The time was 11:00pm, time to go to bed. It took me a while to get to sleep, but once I did there was no stopping me.

***Hey guys! I know this was a super short chapter, that's because tomorrow's is gonna be super long so I didn't was to give too much information about that in this chapter. Also because it would make more sense to do "The Next Morning" as the beginning of next chapter, so yeah. If you enjoyed don't forget to vote, and comment what you liked in this chapter!

-Landy :)