What I Did

I sigh as I try to think of how to tell him. "It all started with those three that you beat up today. I had a knife in my pocket, and they came up to me. I didn't know them so I smiled and said hey. Then, I saw the look on their faces and stopped smiling. They told me to give them all my money, and I said no... The main one, Justin, told the other two, Brandon and Michael, to hold me against a wall." I pause and look down, sighing. He touches my arm and I continue.

" I took out my knife, hoping they'd leave me alone. Brandon and Michael came at me anyway. I swung the knife, cutting Michael swiftly. He yelled out as Brandon ran at me and I stabbed him in the arm.... He stumbled back and I pulled the knife out of his arm. Justin then ran at me and before I could do anything, a cop stepped between us and grabbed my knife." I sigh as I finish my story.

 "They didn't arrest them three?" He asks, exasperated. I shake my head. "Well, I'm Jeff and I'll be happy to be your friend" He smiles sweetly and I return the smile. I thank him and Jeff hugs me. Hugging back gently, I blush and close my eyes. After a few seconds, I pull away and tell him that we should get going. 'Jeff doesn't seem like a bad kid. Maybe I should get to know him.' I think to myself. I shake my head as we walk out of the school.