getting along

The next morning was different from the previous one, it was more...relaxed. They both bid each other good morning.

The two got ready and walked down to the great hall together. But there was no talking, it was more of an akward silence. Neither of them knew what to say.

When they reached the great hall the two parted ways and went to their respective tables.

"So, how'd it go?" Hermione asked as soon as Hariet sat down.

"Good actually, better then I thought it would." She said.

"I told you." Hermione said.

"Yeah, you were right." Harriet rolled her eyes.

"So are you two, like friends now?" Ron asked.

"I, uh don't know." Harriet answered. "All I know is that we're on good terms."

"Oh." Ron asnwered.

....

After breakfast Hermione branched off to go to her classes, while Ron and Hariet walked to theirs.

"So what's it like?" Ron asked.

"What's what like?" Harriet responded.

"You know. Being a girl." Ron said.

"What kind of question is that?!" She responded.

"I'm just curious!" Ron put his hands up in defense.

"Well if you must know. It's awful. I can't lie on my stomach. And I have no idea how Hermione put up with her hair back when we were younger. This is awful! I'm scared to even brush it. And I'm short." She said.

"Oh, I didn't think it was that bad." Ron said, as they entered the classroom.

"I didn't think it would be that bad either." She admitted.

......

The day went as usual, nothing eventful happened...until potions.

Upon entering the classroom Darcie smiled at Harriet.

Her heart fluttered a bit. That had never happened before. Maybe becuase Darcie never smiled at Harriet like that before. It was always a cocky smirk.

None the less,  she smiled back.

"She smiled at me." Harriet whispered.

"Yeah? And?" Ron raised an eyebrow.

"She's never done that." Harriet said.

"She must be up to something!" Ron joked.

"Ha, ha. So funny." Harriet rolled her eyes.

"She is really being nice now huh?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. Maybe it has something to do with her father not being there." Harriet guessed.

"All right everyone settle down." Professor said as he walked into the classroom.

"Today we'll be making a potion that will allow one to sleep with out dreams." Slughorn announced.

"This should be interesting." Harriet muttered under her breath.

After about thirty minutes she was about to give up. The potion was supposed to be a baby blue color...hers was a midnight black.

She groaned. "Honestly, why is this so hard?"

"Beats me." Ron replied.

Harriet looked up at the board were the directions were. She nearly hit her head against her cauldron.