Chapter 1

It was mid-august. I was in my sixth hour when it started.
  It was the first day of school. I was new, and so was everyone else because it was the first day of high school for all of us. The teacher, Mr. Peter, said to write 10 facts about you for the first project. He's the chill teacher I soon learned to figure out. I was really shy and didn't really want to, but I also love speaking to crowds. Crazy combination, I know. I just hate the anxiety of possibly getting embarrassed, but when I'm up there, I'm a leader. I can say things to make people feel and think and laugh and cry and get angry. It just amazes me.
  When I got home, I went to make my list right away.
  To sum it up, it was mostly about awards from violin and how much I'm obsessed with Harry Potter and Shawn Mendes. I was okay with it.
  But I couldn't stop thinking. My mind was racing for no reason. I didn't have a clue why until looking back, 9 months later.
  I went to bed. My mind was still racing and racing. It was a horse who's free in a prairie but has been trapped for the last 5 years. I thought of anything and everything. Was it that boy I saw? He's not even cute.... Just go to sleep Astrid, please.

  And so I did.