|3|

Chapter 3| Jhené

"That man was mean" Namiko said, as she bent down and tied her shoe. "I should have kicked him"

"Tell me about it." We walked up Lila's porch and I knocked on the door. However, I wasn't expecting a certain someone to answer.When our eyes connected we didn't really know what to say.

"Mi mi!" Namiko shouted while clinging onto her waist. "Hey baby girl" Mila said while patting her back from down below. After their brief reunion she drifted her attention towards me.

"Jhené, um come in" Mila said with a hesitant smile. She opened the door wider so Namiko and I could come in.

"Lila?" I questioned, I looked around her trashy town house, but strangely there was no sign of her. Awkwardly, I approached Mila. "Hey, where's Li at?" I questioned, I began to get concerned.

"She's upstairs. Quincy hit her again, I don't think she can watch Namiko while you go to work today."

I sighed. She's the only person that I really trust enough to take care of her when I'm out.

"J, I know things are a little tense between us, but you don't have to act all awkward. We're sisters.."

"Yeah, well sisters don't leave each other behind. Especially with a drunk father" I said while peering into her eyes. "Jhené, I'm sorry" she sighed, " can we please not talk about this now."

We both looked at Namiko who had already made herself comfortable on the couch, watching T.V. "Fine" I ended the conversation, "but just now we're gonna talk this out."

Mila walked towards the couch and joined Namiko. Despite what she did, I guess she's still a good sister.

I crashed on the couch with them for an hour, before comforting Lila and heading out.

"Bye boo, I'll see you later!"

Namiko didn't even break contact with the T.V. when she waved goodbye. There's so many things about that girl that reminds me of myself that I get scared.

When I opened the door, I took one glance at my wrist and I noticed...my bracelet was gone.

I walked out of the house and began making my way down the street.

It doesn't make sense, I could have sworn I put that on.

Nearly, getting down the road I couldn't help but notice the same Mercedes car from our incident about two hours ago. It was parked near an alley way, and something inside me began to question if I should get more revenge.

See, where I'm from, he would have been shot. Luckily, Namiko was with me.

I looked around, and I saw his tire was fixed. A tow man or himself must have replaced the tire.

I walked towards it and I saw the passengers seat was unlocked. Surely he must of had something valuable that I can take. Something that can help Namiko and I get out of this shitty ass town.

I opened his glove compartment and I saw a watch and a chain. "Jack pot" I mumbled under my breath. I swear rich guys, need to be way more careful coming down these streets.

I shove his valuables down my bra and looked around, and there he was. The guy, watching me through the window stealing from him.

I got out of the car and looked him in the eyes. If I didn't take him for such a jerk, then I would say he's actually good looking.

"Give me my stuff" He calmly said.

"I think this belongs to me now."

He smirked and pulled out my bracelet from his pocket. "Looks like we both won't be getting back what's ours, right Jhené."

"Give my shit back!" I shouted trying to retrieve it from him.

"I don't think so, this belongs to me now."
I rolled my eyes, "oh and my name is Sean" he said before getting in his car and pulling off.

                       ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•