Chapter 1

Hastily, the guards opened the gate that led into the Gerhardt property. A black mustang burst through like a bat out of hell, narrowly avoiding the gate as it shot passed.

Men jumped and ran out of the way for their lives, yelling for the automobile to stop. It skidded to a stop and three men ran out and into the house under the command of none other than Pensador.

"Get Dodd and medical assistance!" She yelled as she climbed out of the driver's seat, slamming the door shut behind her.

She looked over to the other side of the car and shook her head at Pancake, who was using the body of the car as support as she moved, limping as fast as she could. The woman had a hand to her right side, brown glove and coat coated a light crimson. She attempted to walk on her own but collapsed two steps after. She slowly sat up, her hand automatically back to her side.

Pensador ran over.

'Don't be retarded! Stay put, you're not helping yourself.'

'I'm going to die, aren't I?' Pancake replied weakly, hands automatically resuming their previous positions.

'No, Pancake, you're not. I'll-'

'You know how people say they're going to die alone? I'm literally going to die alone. I've never met someone like you have, and when I thought I did he tortured and almost killed me. I'm so fucked. DUDE! I need to watch Markiplier's new video.'

'You're going to live for fuck sake!' "WE NEED HELP NOW!"

'If I die, tell Dodd I'd totally smash. And Bear, the Kitchen brothers, though not Mike. He's more like a family friend. If you ever see Wrench, tell him I'd smash and that if Numbers was alive, I'd smash.'

Pensador stared at the pain filled face of her friend, expression monotone.

'Did you just say you'd smash Dodd?'

'I said if I die! Fuck, I'm in so much pain. I'm so fucked. I have nothing to show for my life.'

'You're fucked, but not in the sense that you're going to die. Look-'

"What the fuck happened?!" The familiar voice of Dodd asked angrily, quickly walking down the porch steps. For him to swear was very concerning.

"The mission you sent us on was rigged, you son of a bitch." Pensador growled angrily, pointing to Pancake. "She was SHOT through the fucking side! You best get medical assistance or I'm going to beat the shit out of you!"

"Don't threaten me if you want help." Dodd knelt down in front of Pancake and swatted her hands away from her side. He opened her coat as swiftly as he could and examined the wound. "Get Bear to call Steven!"

A man in the background ran into the house, pushing past the lurking figures of Numbers and Wrench.

The two men stood in the doorway, watching in both alarm and amusement. Surely they couldn't be who they thought they were.

Dodd stood and removed the cigar from his mouth. He puffed out smoke.

"Mike, we're going to need you."

Mike and the Kitchen brothers were stood close by, watching.

"Why would that be?" Mike asked, glancing between the woman on the floor and Dodd.

"The brothers. Carry her inside."

Mike couldn't help but smile.

"Sure. Boys, if you would."

Gale and Wayne exchanged a look before Gale walked over and picked her up. Wayne led the way inside a brisk pace. Pancake never noticed Numbers and Wrench.

The two men only caught sight of her hair as she was whisked up the stairs.

'We should go and see if it is them.' Numbers signed to Wrench, beginning to walk out before Wrench grabbed his arm.
'Leave it. Now is not the time.'

"If she dies, it's on you." Pensador declared bitterly, looking down at the pool of blood on the snow.

"Come on, we need to talk about this being 'rigged'."

~
A/N: First chapter of the new book! Yahoo(.com)!