Chapter 19

Pancake began to laugh hysterically. It was so uncharasteric that Numbers felt slightly unnerved by her sudden outburst, unsure if that was a 'yes' or 'no' to his question. He watched as she stumbled back, almost slipping on the snow, an arm slung loosely over her eyes.

"I-I would laugh until I cry but," The woman abruptly stopped, head lowering and arm dropping ever so slightly, eyes suddenly intense on his, "I spent a good two hours putting on eyeliner."

Numbers sighed inwardly. "Yes or no?"

'Yes or no to what- wait, woah, you're... you're serious? You actually want to marry her?'

'Yes.' A blunt answer as his patience was wearing thin. 'All I ask is your blessing, so you can either agree and be happy when it happens, or say no and get a restraining order or broken legs when the day comes. I'm being serious about the legs.'

Pancake's arms rested at her sides, gaze fixated onto the glistening snow at her feet. As much as she didn't want it to happen, she knew that her partner deserved a whole lot better than being stuck with her for her entire life.

'Yeah.' She nodded and looked up. 'You have my blessing. But Numbers, if you hurt her in any way I'll break your fingers and cut out your tongue. And if I don't anything sharp near me, I'll gouge your eyes out. Understand me?'

Numbers couldn't help but smile, nodding ever so slightly as his excitement grew. 'I'll be sure to the say the same to you and Wrench.'

Pancake instantly looked down to her feet, a faint blush spread evenly across her cheeks, praying her hair would fall- it didn't. Numbers began to walk back to Pensador and Wrench, who were in a very involved conversation about... actually they didn't know. But it was in depth and very, very distracting. Perfect.

"There you are!" Pensador announced in relief, eyes widening as Wrench grabbed her arm and forced her to look at him. "I'm not paying attention."

'Nobody respects me.' Wrench signed angrily, arms crossing over his chest.

Numbers rolled his eyes and Pancake came into view, avoiding eye contact and making no attempt at a sarcastic comment. Pensador noted that.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing." Numbers shook his head, "Nothing. Are you free tonight?"

Pensador attempted to hold back a grin, a blush threatening to prevent itself. "I am, actually. Eight sound good?"

"Sounds fine." Numbers glanced to Wrench, who looked noticeably annoyed. 'What?'

'Again?'

Numbers groaned quietly. "You're kidding me, man!" A harsh whisper as he turned his back to Pensador so she couldn't see what he was signing. 'Yes, again. I got Pancake's blessing, so maybe-'

'Tonight?'

'Yes, tonight.' Numbers sighed as Wrench shook his head. 'I don't care. I'm doing it.' And with that he turned to Pensador. "Sorry."

"No, don't worry! Me and Pancake need to do a job for Duluth, so we'll be back later. Better be ready, Numbers." Pensador gave a playful wink as she walked, huffing as she had to grab Pancake's arm and drag her along. She suddenly engulfed her partner into a hug as soon as she saw Numbers turn to walk into the house. She actually squealed in excitement.

The brunette blinked before attempting to pry the other off of her, lightly shoving her back when she succeeded. 'What's your problem?'

'I'm just excited!'

'Oh, let me guess, you're going out with Numbers tonight.'

'Well shit, Pancake. You're right.'

'Of course I am.'

The deaf woman strode to the car and climbed in, starting the engine right away. Pensador jogged over, just in case her partner decided to drive off, and clambered in, buckling in before examining Pancake's face.

'Are you okay?'

Pancake simply glanced to her in reply, brows furrowing and shoulders shrugging. She couldn't exactly answer comfortably.

"I think you're going to enjoy yourself tonight." Pancake didn't smile as she once more glanced to Pensador. "Just... let me know I can say 'I told you so' when you get back."

Pensador stared at her friend momentarily, not used to hearing the other speak. She shook her head as a 'fine' and her grinned returned. Oh boy was she excited.

---

A/N: I know, short. But sweet, right? I'm probably going to add more shippy things next chapter, and so what do you guys want to see?