Chapter# 4

I still cant fathom what I feel about the whole situation. Its so nerve wrecking.

I had everything planned for my future. I had decided to finish my college with English Literature, Civics and Psychology as my majors. And then I wanted to graduate in Psychology from Kinnaird college, the one I'm currently studying at. I had been dreaming about being a Psychologist since I can remember, and going abroad at 23 for higher studies. All this seems so far to me now.

I never expected in a million years for a stranger, whom I've never seen to come, barging into my life, disrupting every single ambition I had in my life.

Anxiety takes over every inch of my body as some stupid thoughts creep their way into my mind.

What if he refuses to marry me after meeting me? Or what if he hasn't agreed in the first place? Is he marrying me out of pressure? Oh Lord! what if he isn't my type nor I am hi...

My dreadful thoughts are interrupted by a loud knock on the door and my mother's voice coming along with it, "Ruba?"

"Yeah come in." I hope she has some nice things to say to me.

The door half opens and my mother makes her appearance. She enters slowly inside, her eyes showing signs of lack of sleep and her hair tied up in her usual bun.

"What were you doing?" She asks with her usual motherly smile.

"Nothing, just going to get ready for college." I promptly reply. "I have a major deadline today." I explain further, moving a little over, gesturing for her to sit down on the bed, next to me.

"Yeah whatever suits you."

I nod at her in response and get up from the bed shoving my books in my bag and digging out some clothes from the closet.

"Don't you have anything to say on the whole thing?" I had no idea that she would ask me this. So, I put my dress neatly on the couch next to the bed and plop down beside her.

"No, definitely not. I trust you both. And I believe you would always do whatever is best for my future. Its just that I wasn't expecting everything to be so early, you know. I mean I'm only seventeen?" It feels nice to let that all go off of my chest.

Her smile returns back as she takes my hand in hers, "Of course honey. We love you. Its just that everything about that boy and his family was so good that we had solely no reason to say no to them. And trust me you would love everyone there. They are such nice people. Aha, I wish I would have had the same in laws." With that we both burst out in laughter and I feel so light now that all my worries were meaningless and half of my questions are finally answered.

"Just have faith in God. Whatever he chooses for you is best for you."
She advises me with promising eyes.

I feel warm tears pooling in my eyes, so i lower my head, in hopes to keep them a secret forever. My voice seems lost now, to me even, so I'm not going to make the mistake of talking, I know I would get caught, eventually.

"Oh and yeah one more thing. I realised that I haven't even told you his name even." She definitely knows how to lighten the my mood.

My head falls back in laughter when I realise that my mother is right and I don't even know my future husband's name. "So... what is your son in law's name then?"

My mother smiles at me, her full smile, which causes her eyes to twitch and her nose to scrunch up. That is when I know I'm home and I'm safe. I love that smile. "Tauseef. Tauseef Ahmed. They call him Saif there." She spells slowly, trying to search for emotions on my face.

The names okay then. Right?

"Nice name." I sarcastically answer and she rolls her eyes in response.

"People don't talk like that about their fiancees." My mother sternly says and I shrug my shoulders in response. "And oh yeah, his mother wanted to talk to you so I gave her your number, she may call you anytime. So don't go to college today, have rest. And be nice to her okay?"

"I'm always nice, mom."

Instead of replying back to me, she gives me a swift kiss on my forehead and heads out of the room.

Guess my deadline needs to wait.