Chapter# 10

"No! I'm serious, I have looked at it for hours. And I've memorised every single detail of that picture." Rida tells me while showing me my picture with the brown wrist watch, in her phone's gallery.

"Its not that good. Trust me I have got better than that." I say proudly, after snatching her phone from her hand to have give one good glance at my smiling face.

I cant believe my ears. Its like I'm hallucinating. I mean the picture is good, well I wont accept that in her face, but I didn't know she would be head over heals crazy about it.

I have never been told in my life by anyone how pretty I am, if my eyes are beautiful, or that I've got soft hands. Hell no one ever told me if I'm looking good in a picture even, so is the reason why her words of appraisal always catch me off guard.

I look at my surroundings momentarily, and I find a girl, just about our age, only 10 metres away. She is staring intently at us and her eyes are dwelling out of her sockets. She is gathered by her small group of friends who seem focused on us too. Their staring makes me a little uncomfortable and I squirm in my position. Before Rida could muster my unease, I shift my attention back to her.

"Where were I by the way, when she took it?" She asks, referring towards Maira's friend.

Rida and Zainab, Maira's friend, do not have a very friendly relation in between, they have always despised each other. Maybe because of some past happenings...

"You were late at college that day and Zainab brought her new phone with her so we took some pictures. Where did you get it from, in the first place?"

I have been planning to ask her this question since the day she sent the photo to me. I move her left hand over, as she talks, to see the bruises and cuts she got from hurting herself on Maira's Birth day, but she quickly darts it away.

"Well, to tell you the truth I saw that in your phone the other day and transferred it to mine."

A free laugh escapes my mouth at the way she truthfully tells me, while moving her hands in the air.

"How nosey of you." Still laughing, I swat my hand on her cheek and she giggles in response, showing her broken, front tooth.

Her confession gives me a meltdown as I pat my thighs with both my hands, gesturing for her to lay her head down on them.

"Sure" she grins before laying down.

"By the way I'm nosey because I'm supposed to keep an eye on you. Aren't I?" She questions and moves her head up to look directly into my eyes, and I roll them at her, avoiding her eye contact.

"Yeah, or else I might run right?"

She laughs at my words and snatches my Sony Experia from my hand, which shows signs of low power.

"I guess I should be a regular costumer of my phone gallery from now on, wonder how many good pictures are hiding there." The thought of plenty of unseen, pictures of myself, hiding in my phone, sends a thrill down my body.

"I think you should, before I do that for you."

"Yeah I think so too." I agree, as we both laugh in a sync, our sounds blending together.

"I have been noticing those girl from a few minutes, Rida. They seem to be hovering over us."

I nudge towards the strange group of girls with my chin and Rida tilts her head to her side to look in their direction.

"Them?" She asks, pointing towards them and I lower her finger with my hand.

"Don't point." I instruct. "Yeah them."

"They were my friends. The girl with her hair open, is Nawish. We used to be in the same school. She is nice and all, but there is something annoying about he. Ignore them. Thats what I've been doing too."

"I would gladly do that." I leave a small laugh to avoid the hint of a little possessiveness creeping its way through my mind.

"Now lets go to cafe, I need some tea."

"Yeah sure, on one condition." I playfully tug at her and she raises her right brow at me. "Only if you make it?"

"C'mon silly, I will!" Rida assures and helps me gather my things so we could go to cafe.

As we get inside the cafe premises, Rida buys a plate of fries for me and decides on having a samosa for herself. She never lets me pay when I'm with her.

The rest of the day, we spent talking and laughing. Time seems to run as our watches strike 4 and we make our way towards the gate.

A/N: Oh My Lord!!!! Its 10 chapters now. We are almost through the quarter of the book.
        How is the book going guys?? Well you'd have to comment and let me know that.
        YES, I know its a cliffhanger but there is no novel without them!! I can assure to reduce them a little but they simply cant be removed!! 🙈
         Vote, comment and let me know how do you like "Through my Eyes" so far??
         A SINCERE THANKS to ALL!