Chapter 1

I clutched the pregnancy test in my hands, my fingernails digging into the hard plastic. In the dim light of the small bathroom I was barely able to make out the positive sign, the red symbol boring into my gaze.

How had this happened? I could've sworn I was on the pill.

Ever since my husband suggested we try for kids, I've been doing everything in my power to make sure that never happened.

Not that I don't want any kids, I just don't want to raise a family with a man I don't love.

I must've skipped a day. I groan in frustration at my mistake and rest my forehead against the bathroom wall in defeat.

The sound of light knocking against the door made my head snap up towards it, the sudden noise making me drop the pregnancy test onto the tile floor.

"Everything alright in there, Dove?"

Bumble's soft voice made my heart clench with guilt. He doesn't deserve me. He deserves someone who truly loves him.

"Y-yeah. Everything's fine." I manage to choke out, doing my best to keep the panic out of my voice.

"Are you sure? You don't sound too well..."

"I said I'm fine." I snap, instantly regretting losing my patience so easily. I hear him mutter something along the lines of "sorry" and I notice he doesn't speak after that.

I wait until the thumping of his footsteps to subside before I take my focus back to the results.

I grab the pregnancy test from the floor gently before bringing it up to my gaze, praying I misread the results.

Positive.

Without a second thought, I wrap the plastic stick around a strand of toilet paper and shove it in the trashcan.

No one can ever find out.

~•~

Dinner was quiet. The clanking of forks against the porcelain plates was the only sound that was made. It was ironic that I lived in one of the biggest and most beautiful houses in the neighborhood yet it was always rather silent.

I poke my chicken with my fork, the stress of today's news finally sinking in.

I was pregnant. I was carrying the child of a man I wasn't in love with and I forced myself to be with him due to the pressure to settle down.

But it wasn't as if I wouldn't be able to raise a family. It would just be difficult.

Bumble went on businesses trips often, thank God, since he owns his own company for designing skyscrapers and goes to New York often.

I prefer to stay here in LA, since that's where most of my modeling and acting opportunities come up.

I'm proud to say that at 23 I've been part of two award winning films, more than five movies, been the face of Victoria's Secret for 3 months (plus modeling for them full time), and had a soaring career since I was 19.

When I had first begun looking into acting, my best friend, Liam, who is already a successful actor helped me out by practicing my lines for various auditions. It paid off because we both got the two main character roles to an Oscar-winning film named Falling. The movie revolved around two star crossed lovers, played by Liam and I, who started off having a pretty steady relationship but things take a turn when their past come back to haunt them. The character I played was named Kiara and she struggled with various issues like depression and self-harm. Liam's character, Ryan, had serious anger issues, and the couple had a hard time resolving their problem. Overall, if was a tragic movies that had people in tears. I really enjoyed being part of the cast, especially when Liam tried to make me laugh during the saddest scenes or romantic scenes (which took away the awkwardness from the parts when we had to make-out. Especially since Bumble was on set with me).  

"You haven't eaten anything, are you sure you're okay?"

Bumble's caring voice took me out of my memories. My head snaps up to meet his soft golden eyes. I used to be mesmerized by them, joking that they were brighter than the sun itself.

"I'm fine." I grumble, my gaze on him withering back to my untouched meal.

I can hear him sigh deeply, either from frustration or worry. "Dove, I've known you since we were kids. I can tell when something's bothering you."

Oh really? Because apparently you haven't been able to tell that you've been bothering me throughout this whole marriage. I thought dryly, but I don't dare speak those words.

I debate on telling him the truth, and I admit that it would make things easier. But I trust my gut and I hold my ground.

"I've just had a lot on my mind." I dismiss his concern, attempting to strain my lips into a somewhat convincing smile.

He doesn't respond this time, his eyebrows furrow in deep thought.

"Are you taking birth-control pills?"

I feel myself stiffen at his sudden question, flinching as the fork on my hand dug into my skin because of my tightening grip.

"No." I lie, my voice feigning confusion. I mentally curse myself for leaving them on the bathroom counter.

"I'm not stupid, Dove. I know how they look. Ivy used to take them when-"

He cuts off mid-sentence, but the damage has been done. I slam my fork down, rising from seat. I take a brief moment to read his expression, which was clouded with guilt and regret. I felt no mercy.

"If you excuse me, I've lost my appetite." I say coldly in disgust, pushing back my chair against the wall and walking numbly out of the room. His calls of protest follow behind me but I ignore him.

I navigate through the upstairs floor, finding the guest room. I take my phone out and dial Cindy's number.

"Dove? What's going on?"

"Get Liam. I need to get away for a while."

This chapter is inspired by @warriorcats788 story! The story is amazing and I strongly recommend you go check it out!
Key:
Dove- Dovewing
Liam- Lionblaze
Bumble- Bumblestripe
Cindy- Cinderheart
Ivy- Ivypool

{This chapter is still under editing}