Chapter 10

Rich's POV

Jon Harvey has become quite annoying. His ship was frozen in the middle of the ocean like ours and he attacked us. It's been fighting for months, but the ice is thawing. Mr. Gibbons has become ill. He refuses to rest much and has taken me under his wing to be the next quartermaster.

"You must make sure everything is running smoothly for the captain at all times. You have to have a relationship with the men and report that to the captain as well."

I did all of this when I was on the other ship, but this is Blackbeard's ship with his men. Granted I did grow up with them, but I left making me an outsider. It will take a lot to gain their trust back.

Mr. Gibbons takes me down below deck with the men I once knew as kids.

"Aye men!"

"Aye." They greet Mr. Gibbons.

We take a seat at the closest table. I recognize the man to my left. I'll never forget him he has dark skin and blue eyes truly a variety.

"How we today boys?" Mr. Gibbons asks.

"Freezing." The men hiss.

"I still don't understand it. The baddest pirate in the world gives the ship to some girl." Some complains.

"Aye, but she's a fine girl." Another man says.

"Aye. Wouldn't mind paying her a visit one night." One chuckles.

"Aside from that how is she as a captain?" Mr. Gibbons asks.

"Terrible if we all die on this frozen ocean. What are we even supposed to be getting?"

"You all know we're heading to the fountain." Mr. Gibbons reminds.

"That doesn't get us gold!" Someone else barks.

"Who cares!" Someone else speaks up. "Blackbeard never took us this far. She gave us the option of eternal life! If we get there I will serve her for the rest of eternity." He leaves and I get up and follow him.

"What you said out there was amazing." I tell him.

He glares at me. "It was only the truth and you should have defended her if she was truly your woman."

"She is." I reassure.

He snickers. "I remember you Rich, you were taught that if you got a woman you give up your childish ways."

"Don't concern yourself with what I do."

"Then don't concern yourself with what I do with the captain."

"You won't be doing anything with her, I'll end you if you try. We grew up together Samuel so don't fight me on this." I warn.

"I am not the kid I once was." He tells me then walks away.

I feel my body heating up, but I quickly calm down remembering I am on a wooden ship. I go up to Vanessa's room. I knock on the door and get no answer. I slowly go inside and see she isn't there. If she isn't in here or below deck then that means she's on the ice.

I run out of the room and jump overboard. The freezing temperatures almost knocks me down. I heat up my body and push forward.

I see her footstep in the icy sea. I push forward. I hear swords clashing and move faster until I see her and Jon Harvey engaging in battle. I sprint forward.

"How could you give away our child?!" He yells at her.

"She wasn't yours to give away! I did what I had to do, so I can get what I want! I'm a pirate!"

Pause. She said that she gave away a baby. I assumed that she meant our baby. I never thought she would conceive another man's child. She seemed so sad about losing the child that's how I knew it was mine or at least I thought. Did she want to be tied down to Jon like that? Did she want his child instead of mine? The thought outraged me. Fire spits from my palms and I throw a cannon sized ball of fire at his face.

I get to Vanessa's side and her legs buckled. "He drugged me."

Jon chuckles darkly.

I look upon his face and it is burned badly. His face is melting.

"Give her to me." He commands holding his face.

"You will have to kill me first." I tell him.

Vanessa tries to stand up using her staff, but her movements are weak.

Jon Harvey chuckles deeply and pulls up the ocean floor and takes us high in the sky. When we finally stop moving I look around and see we're in arena.

"Fight me for her. The first one to grab her gets her." He announces.

I look at Vanessa and see she is evenly laid between us. I frown and without wasting a second I run towards her. Jon is faster than I am so I kick him and send him flying backwards. I get to her sleeping body and then see the earth is bringing her down into the ground, then shuts at the top.

I feel my rage getting control over me.

"This is really my last warning. Leave. I need her to go get our child back. Only the mother and father can get the child back."

"She doesn't want it." I remind.

Jon shrugs.

I light my sword on fire and charge at him.

We go back and forth. He is a skilled fighter. He dodges my sword and eventually I just let it go. We fight hand to hand. He's fast but gets lazy when he's tired and that's when I start to sink my punches in.

I got hit a few times, I felt my ribs crack and that's when my rage kicked in and I kicked him over the edge of the arena. The whole thing starts to fall apart and as I'm falling to the ground I see Vanessa. I dive to her and grab her. I shoot fire from my hands to control the falling and we land right into the water.

I look and see the ocean isn't solid enough to keep us from moving. I whistle and get the men to help us back on the ship.

"Alright we best to get in our battle stations. Captain seriously pissed someone off and we need to be ready." I tell them and for a moment they all look at my confused. "NOW!" I roar.

I carry Vanessa to her room as the crewmen get ready for anything.

The boys come in her room as soon as they hear the door is opened. Charles is holding Edward and I set Vanessa down.

"We we're scared. She wasn't in her room." Xavier tells me.

"Listen, if she leaves, you come and tell me no matter what."

Xavier nods.

"Have you boys been in this room all day?" I ask.

Charles nods. "It's dangerous out there."

"Very true, but all the men know the consequences of hurting you. Go there are some kids to play with." I tell them, sudden feel exhausted and the pain in my ribs is unbearable.

Charles grabs Xavier by the hand as soon as he sees Xavier's eagerness to leave his room. I take the baby from them. "Send in Mr. Gibbons." I tell him.

I lay down next to her and Mr. Gibbons comes in the door. "What the hell happened to you?" He demands.

"Got in a fight. My ribs I think are broke."

"Well we can't do anything about that."

"I know, I wanted you to give me some rum."

He scoffs and leaves.

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the story! Don't be afraid to check out my other ones and leave comenta and votes here.